Phone Call from my doctors

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
Well my doctors have just phoned - they have heard from the fertility clinic at our local hospital - they will not accept us as patients!!!

They said my bloods showed a normal, functioning female and at 41 I should expect that my eggs are not going to be as good - they would definately not prescribe progesterone to sustain a pregnancy as they think if my body rejects at an early stage at my age is is probably down to an abnormality!! In fact they told her that it is the policy in Shropshire never to prescribe progesterone to sustain a pregnancy at any age!! Even she was gob smacked.......

Anyway she is arranging for me to have a CD2 FSH test just to be really sure although she seemed really pleased with my levels from the CD20 test and suggested we just keep bedding like mad!!

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: Feel like I will never get pregnant at this rate....... :( and even if I do wont be able to sustain it...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Try to keep positive. I have a friend who has a very similar problem. she's had 14 miscarriages over the past few years because it.

she found out she was pregnant a few weeks ago and at 7 weeks pregnant all is going well for her at the moment so there's always hope

:hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ist2_1888225_summer_flower_bunch.jpg

Thanks girls - looking up private fertility clinics near here but by the looks of it the one that is most local the same consultant runs it!! Grrrrrrrrr.

I'm so sorry about your news. but it doesn't mean you should give up hope - they did state that you are a normal, healthy individual :cheer: so go for it girl :wink:

They'll be laughing on the other side of their faces when you get you're BFP :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug:

But as Flick says, the clinic says you're normal and healthy - which is good news. I didn't think that the progesterone levels were age-related? So maybe you've just been unlucky recently. 41 is not old, and you've had two successful pregnancies before. It just takes a bit of time :( :hug:

ps - just had a quick look at your charts - you usually seem to have a 15/16 day luteal phase, without +HPTs, so you should be fine on the progesterone front. The clinic may well be right about the chromosomal abnormalities - it's by far the most common cause of early miscarriage. I don't think you necessarily have problems with recurrent mc (in the medical definition) even though it will feel like it to you, simply because in each case you've found out about the pg so early, and lost it very early - as far as I can make out, that still makes you normal, statistically :hug: I think maybe best not to test till you're at least 21 dpo, you're giving yourself so much heartache with those peesticks! And in the meantime - take up DH on his suggestion of a quick BD just in case! :rotfl:

I'm sorry. I'm sure that is extremely frustrating. Don't give up hope though :hug: :hug:

I'm sorry ROM. I know it isn't easy, but maybe a less focused approach would be for the best. Just do loads of BDing and try not to think about it.

I think Kitty is right and you are probably really stressing yourself out over the early HPTs. There are so many stories of women getting pregnant when they finally stop thinking about it. A very good friend of my mother's tried for 12 years with no luck. IVF and the works. Eventually at 40 she decided it wasn't going to happen. 2 years later she was pregnant. She has a beautiful daughter. And you already have children so you know that it can happen.

My plan is that if I don't get a BFP this month, I am giving up charting and OPKs and am only going to check CM. I am still into the whole ttc thing. But I do think there is something to be said for not thinking about it.

Hugs to you. It will happen! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Nooooooo! ROM, don't stop charting and obsessing! I need the company! :rotfl: Just don't do HPTs early - because an early positive will cause you just as much anguish as a negative, you'll wake up the next morning and wonder if it's still positive, and be more worried about losing the positive than you would be if you hadn't got it.

Well, that's how I feel, anyway. :D

(says the woman with over 40 HPTs sitting in her bathroom cupboard! :rotfl: I'm such a hypocrite! :lol: :lol: )

You'll be fine, you'll get there :hug: Sounds to me like you have a perfect excuse for a long weekend away with hubby, in a little cottage with a roaring log fire in the middle of nowhere... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back