What to do

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Tyler's got horrible wind tonight (my fault too many onions and shallots yesterday) my OH is being ridiculous about it getting all stressed wanting to go hosp and being a general annoying knob that won't listen!

ANYWAY I've finally settled Tyler in my bed but he's on his tummy (as soon as he was on his back he was screaming the house down)

Should I leave him on his tummy? I worry about him suffocating but he doesn't really move when sleeping.

I just asked OH and he was very unsupportive and snappy with me!

Personally i would try turn him while asleep n hope it doesnt wake him but im sure he would be just fine on his tummy if you rather leave him

Friend of mine had her lo on her tummy every night from 2 weeks and she was fine,

if he has gone off to sleep the cramps have prob settled and the wind cleared a bit by now anyway

Ive moved him into his cot where he'll be safer (as in no risk of my pillows) he can flip from tummy to front. I would never usually do this but I figure if it makes him feel better. I spent an hour with him on my shoulder, crying every time I put him down.

Poor thing I hope he's feeling better soon.

I think you did the right thing transferring him to the moses basket. Mattresses are a lot softer than a moses basket, so harder for them to push themselves up and roll over.

So long as his head is to the side he should be fine, although I have no experience of this as Phoebe prefers to sleep on her back but maybe this could be the reason he's so unsettled at night? He might prefer to be on his tummy?

Well he went 2 1/2 hours which is normal for him, woke up, cried, had a feed and is now asleep on his back.

Im just relieved he's ok. He wasn't happy waking up tho!

Ooop spoke to soon! Started fussing so back asleep on his tummy! 4 hours until
Morning!!

I hope he's settled ok hun. My mum always put us on our tummys for wind, if it works it works. Trapped wind is so painful :( hope he farts his little nappy off xxxxxxxx

Aww, poor ty. Hope he feels better soon. xxx

Sophie always suffered from the beginning with colic and wind problems so we always put her on her belly with knees up and now it's her favourite sleeping position

Remember we were all put on our tummies to sleep as that was guidelines back then and we r ok!

O falls asleep during tummy time sometimes so I leave him and he is fine!

It's so cute!

Hope ty's tummy feels better now xxx

Stanley has slept on his front since he was about a week old and he had a scary choking incident! He can only settle on his tummy now, screams when he flips himself over lol like someone else has said he pulls his knees up under him and it always really comfortable :) xx

I swear some babies just want to sleep on their tummy, from what my mum tells me I could never sleep on my back and still can't. Hope you got some sleep!

Well I got SOME sleep. He slept exactly the same as normal up 1-2 hours by 6am he wanted to be back on his back again.

Thats a shame you had a rubbish night. Didn't know onions did that with BF'ing. I used to eat loads :shock:

I wish I could put Kayden on his front, its the best position for reflux but HV & docs say defo not to do it when baby sleeping, only when awake. My mum said she put me on my front coz but while I was still a baby the guidelines changed & as soon as it did the amount of SIDS cases dropped drastically. I personally wouldn't leave LO on front to sleep, but im a bit paranoid about the whole SIDS thing.

xxxxxxxxx

I am really worried about putting AJ on his front but I am starting to become really low with the lack of sleep at night!!!! He refuses to sleep on his back and screams and pulls up his knees till I pick him up again and lay him on my chest!!!! I am so torn with what to do!!!!!!

I am really worried about putting AJ on his front but I am starting to become really low with the lack of sleep at night!!!! He refuses to sleep on his back and screams and pulls up his knees till I pick him up again and lay him on my chest!!!! I am so torn with what to do!!!!!!

Have you tried him proped on his side with a rolled up towel behind. xxx

Have you tried him proped on his side with a rolled up towel behind. xxx

yeh but he still doesn't settle. xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back