• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What to do now :S

kra0

Reaction score
So, as of 5pm today I will be an unemployed pregnant lady who just can't find another job :( im so worried about money etc. I'll be so bored everyday too. Oh is more than happy to work extra hours to support me, in fact he's already changed his job around so that he can but I just feel so useless and worried about everything! I'd rather be earning and contributing too :( just wanted a moan really, no replies needed lol xxxx

Oh that's not good hun. Do you think you would be able to find a part time job or freelance work could be a good option?

Good luck! :) x

I've been searching for the past month or two as I knew today was my last day but there's just nothing at all! Applied for so many jobs but no one wants someone who can't do everything required of them as they are pregnant unfortunately! Have a few interviews but not feeling very hopeful about them as they don't know I'm pregnant yet but I'll have to tell them as certain parts of the job (care assistant) I know I won't be able to do due to lifting etc! Xxxx

I was looking for work when I found out I was pregnant and quickly found I was unemployable. Nobody wants to know if they think they'll have to pay maternity pay and things when they've barely had any time out of you. Staying at home all the time isn't great, I was ok at first as I had final wedding details to organise and we moved house.. but now my afternoons are a bit empty as houseowkr only goes so far, however it means you can take a nap if you need it!
Hopefully you'll get lucky and someone will be entirely willing and you can do something :)

Aw that's no good? Were u just on a contract that's run out?
Its hard enough to get a job in the current economy, but add being pregnant into the mix and ur virtually unemployable because ur high risk.

Can u sign on for JSA in the mean time? I know its not ideal but at least its a little extra money coming in. U can only get that til ur 29wks though, then u go on income support. But its better than nothing x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I was a childminder but the mummy left her job early meaning she didn't need me anymore! Yea I'm going to get jsa and then income support, not totally stuck but I'd rather be up and about earning if u know what I mean but I'm sure in a few months I'll be thankful of the free time lol xxxx

aww Kra, really sorry to hear this!! I understand your frustration at finding it difficult to find something else, esp when pregnant! Maybe you could get a temporary position somewhere to do you over the next few months, there seems to be alot more temporary jobs about....
It is good your OH is able to work more hours, think of it this way....most men love to be the breadwinner, and feel better when they are being useful and supporting family!! Try not to stress about it too much hun, if something comes up great, but don't beat yourself up about not working, things will work out fine no matter what!! :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back