What now?

liviray

Reaction score
Hi all,
Well, I had my laperoscopy 3 weeks ago, they found mild endometreosis. Thats it! Has anyone else had the same thing? And where do I go from here? I know that some time in the near future I will have an outpatients appointment. I hope my consultant suggests something positive. Have been feeling very very down about things since my op. (probably not helped by having a constant cold since december).
Everybody seems to be getting pregnant around me. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them, but when it's in your face at work and in my private life, it gets really difficult. It feels like it's just me whos having problems ttc. God, I sound like a right misery guts, but thats just the way I'm feeling. :( :cry: :cry: :(

If I knew there was light at the end of the tunnel, then I think I would be a little less upset and more positive.
So if theres anyone out there who knows where I go from here, then I would love to hear from you.
Also got a smear this month again. Supposed to be having them every 6 months, due to cell changes.

Sorry again to be such a misery. :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: Liv- sorry you are feeling crap hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

I can't answer your question just now but will have a read in the toni weschler book later and see if she has any gems of inspiration for you

liviray said:
Everybody seems to be getting pregnant around me. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them, but when it's in your face at work and in my private life, it gets really difficult. It feels like it's just me whos having problems ttc. God, I sound like a right misery guts, but thats just the way I'm feeling. :( :cry: :cry: :(

:(

Awww :hug: Dont worry i feel like that all the time. :hug:

Liviray-

From what I can find out on the internet mild endometriosis can lower fertility levels but now that it has been diagnoses there are things they can do to counteract it and help you conceive.

Hopefully everything will be explained and sorted when you see the consultant soon. Now they have identified something at least they can start helping you overcome it

Sorry you feel cr*p, hopefully you will get the answers and help you need soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks guys!
I ordered a book last night about infertililty. Hopefully i can get some extra advice on there too.
Again, sorry to sound like a real miserable cow. I am really so happy for all my friends/work colleagues being PG. It's wonderful. Just want it to be my turn!

Aaww you poor thing :hug: . I know what you mean by everyone around you being PG or has just given birth, I see PG women and little babies all day and it seems like everyone else only has so look at a willy and they're PG :evil:

Liv- I think we probable all feel like that on this section of the forum about pregnant women :hug:

What annoys me most is when you see really undeserving pregnant women who are smoking etc or mums pushing tiny babies round smoking right beside them and feeding tiny tots mcdonalds etc- I always think it is so unfare they are blessed and we aren't and we would make a much better job of raising them.

Now who is a ranting madwoman :rotfl: sorry :oops:

fothers said:
Liv- I think we probable all feel like that on this section of the forum about pregnant women :hug:

What annoys me most is when you see really undeserving pregnant women who are smoking etc or mums pushing tiny babies round smoking right beside them and feeding tiny tots mcdonalds etc- I always think it is so unfare they are blessed and we aren't and we would make a much better job of raising them.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Thats funny!
I'm such a ranting loon sometimes too. But I think we all have the right to be!!!
I see it all the time with mums who are just popping them out for the shear hell of it! Smoking around them, can't look after the ones they've got etc. Seems so unfair. They don't seem to appreciate the precious life they have created.

Now i sound like a complete cow!!!
Sorry all!!!

Anyway, hope this book gets delivered soon so i can get cracking!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

you don't sound a cow at all, i think you are very strong. i would find it so hard. i really hope you get answers and get pregnant soon mate i really do.

i have the toni welscher book, would you like to borrow it, it is very good.

thinking of you, i would have cracked up a long time ago. i might not be the best person to be around at the moment but i am always here for you, and you can come and have cuddles with luke whenever you like ( i hope that doesn't sound insensitive xx)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

fothers said:

think thats abit of an unfair comment. if someone is a smoker, doesnt mean they are going to do a bad job being a mother.

Liviray. im sorry your not having much luck at the moment. i can see how seeing lots of pregnant people must be hard. but one day it will be your turn. keep strong :hug:

Kelso66-
There is a difference between being a mum who smokes but keeps a distance from the baby and one who is smoking while holding their baby and unfortunately there are plenty of them puffing all over their babies round our town when out shopping etc

oh im aware of that. you do see some mother who dont care what so ever. but the way you worded it was abit stereotypical (right word?)

rusks said:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

you don't sound a cow at all, i think you are very strong. i would find it so hard. i really hope you get answers and get pregnant soon mate i really do.

i have the toni welscher book, would you like to borrow it, it is very good.

thinking of you, i would have cracked up a long time ago. i might not be the best person to be around at the moment but i am always here for you, and you can come and have cuddles with luke whenever you like ( i hope that doesn't sound insensitive xx)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks hun!
Reading that has made me blub again!
I'm like a walking bubble of tears! Everything sets me off!
Thankyou so much hun!
I may take you up on that offer of hugs with Luke! And a cuppa with you of course!!!
I think that book is coming today, but thankyou for the offer!!!

I think my bits and bots are getting better now aswell, so thats helping. Not so sore. A "might as well not have bothered" AF has sorted me!

Hope to see you soon! :hug:

would love to see you soon, no excuse you know where i live, let me know when you free... are you free anytime next week? i'll kick gary out and we can have some girlie time xx :hug:

Hi Livi

My friend tried for 3 years to get PG. When she had her lapthingy they found endometriosis. They were able to remove it whilst they were in there but I know some places don't seem to want to do that. :?

Anyway 4 months later she was PG. The good news is that being PG helps keep it down (something to do with the hormones I think) making it easier to have more babies and she's just had her 2nd.

I hope that makes you feel more positive about your situation. I found it a relief to know and to have confirmed that there was something wrong. It took the pressure off the BDing to order although I did feel quite despondent about our chances of conceiving but I think that was because our only option was IVF and it seemed like the end of the road.

When are you back at the docs?

H

xx

Doctors want to give me the surgery to find out if I have Endo also, but I did read up on it, isn't it roughly 60-70% of women are still able to concieve? Is it different if it's in different areas etc? Sorry to high-jack the thread, just curious.

Hello!
Feeling much more positive this weekend. I'm throwing myself into other things. Training for world championships (rowing) in May, so am going to weights classes and training out on the sea and river 3 times a week!
It's amazing what a bit of distraction therapy can do!!!
Helen, thankyou for your encouragement!
As OH's sperm couynt is low, I suppose it may be a combination of the both of us? We have a follow-up appointment on 17th of April to see where to go from here, so can't really do much til then (apart from BDing like there's no tomorrow of course!!!) :cheer: :cheer:

Not sure about the rate's of conception Autaven. Haven't looked into it that closely yet. Hope I won't have to.
I will let you all know whats happening after the appointment!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back