What made you want to have another baby?

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

This is a question for mums of 2 and more :)

I desperately want a little brother or sister to Daniel. The thing is, that I have no idea if I will manage to cope with 2 kids.

We all know what the first 6-8 months are like, and it was quite tought for me.

I am the only child, and I dont want Daniel to end up the only sibling. I wish we could wait for a couple of years (like 5), but the problem is, that my DH is quite older then I am and if we have another we have to have it fast (approx in a 2 years time).

I do want another baby with all my heart, but at the moment my mind is saying "no way"...But then...my hear takes over.

What about you, girls? What made you decide to have another baby (especially with no more then 2-3 year age gap?)

:hug:

1. i loved being preg,
2. i didnt want millie to be an only child
3. didnt want a big age gap
4. when they are both at school i can go back to work
5.(secretly wanted a boy) :lol:

Stephen was nearly 2 1/2 before I started to think about having another baby. But when my friends daughter Faith was born that sealed the deal. I spoke to my oh and he said lets just go for it! and within the month I was pregnant!

I know at the mo I only have one baba but hoping all goes well I'll have number 2 in Nov! Like you I am nervous about coping especially as we have no family or close friends living near us so I'll be pretty much on my own for most of the time!!! :shock:
But I guess like MANY before me you just cope, somehow! I know there will be good and bad days but I'll cross that bridge when I get there - god willing I'd like 3 babas, OH wants 4 or 5!!!!
I didn't want to wait to long before having another baba simply cause your still in that routine, if I waited till Otis is 5 I wouldn't be doing any nappy changes no late nights /early mornings, BFing, etc so thought I'd just get it all out the way now! So it may be a bit difficult for a few years but it will be worth it in the end.

I'm 30, OH's 32, and we want a big family and we want to be around for them to see them grow and have their own families, and if we don't get cracking now we won't be able to, though we're having a few yrs gap after this LO :lol: I'm not ageist or anything, for me I feel I need to have my babies before I'm 40, I don't think 40's old though!!!

Both my best friends are 1 of 5 children and they now have such wonderful family times, its just precious, family, and not really having much of one myself, I'd like to give that to my children, I want them to have family. Yes it freaks me out how hard its going to be but life is hard, and nothing worth having in life is ever easy, and jeez are they worth it!!! :D

Thanks girls for your answers. :hug:

Redshoes: That's what I want for us and Daniel-to have a family. I am the only child and besides my mum and my nana (who is 86) there is no one.

So I want it to be different for us (me, my DH and Daniel)

We left quite a big age gap between number 1 and 2 (not my decision) so when we decided to try for number 2 we said straight away that we would try again when she was born and get all the baby stuff out of the way in one go and they would be really close. It is harder work than I thought it was going to be having 3 kids but you adapt pretty quickly and I'm glad we did it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back