• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what made you chose your LO'S nsmes?

weestar21

Reaction score
I chose Adele as it was the only name we could agree on and you cant really shorten it although we call her del...lol

We chose Colby as i have only ever herd it once and i loved it :D

Because my name is quite unusual (Anneliese) I wanted a name that's a bit unusual aswell, but not too wacky sounding for Mason. Then when I was pregnant again it was a struggle to find a similar name for the baby that went well with Mason. Brody was the only name I came up with that my OH liked.

We both wanted something different, not to common (as in loads of the same name) and something scottish as hubby is scots.

We had come up with various names and we weren't going to choose untill he had arrive, but we had been watching 'The long way round' with Ewan McGregor and we both said what about Ewan if its a boy, and it stuck. otherwise it would have been Robert or Robyn

His middle name is George after my grandad and also after the guy that kicked me towards my now hubby

we both wanted some thing very Girly pretty and different, Kris choose Dior and i soon ended up liking it. and i thought Dionne&Dior sound good together

for my son i wanted a trendy name.
and i loved Harley out of footballers wives and the way shanon used to say Harley in her liverpool acent x x

kris hated it he wanted Milan but i loved Rio more then harley kris hated it so its Harley rio

We have chosen Lennon after my favourite person ever and also because I thought it was cool that Laim Gallagher named his son after him too and we chose Angelina because I love Angelina Jolie and I think the name is beautiful and unusual :D

we chose Liam because our surname is Ion s he becomes L Ion (was going to be Lucy if he was a girl).

Our first girls name was Olivia Nicole Ion but alas she would have been
O N Ion

:lol:

davina said:
O N Ion

Oi, what's wrong with being an Onion? My surnames Onions!!!! :lol: :lol:

Why I had to choose a man with such a daft surname i'll never know!!!

lol nikki. my maiden name was Boys, so i dont know if my name has improved

nicki said:
davina said:
O N Ion

lol sorry that made me chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol:

well, first, it had to be a muslim name, but I wanted a name that would be easy to have in a non-muslim society, not to be stigmatised!
second, it had to start with a M, coz, both my DH's and my dads' names start with M, and also both our witnesses for our wedding!
and finally, M, because in French, the sound of this letter is like "aime" which means Love! :D I know, quite complicated! :think:

It would have been Mehdi for a boy, and the only girl name I liked starting with a M was Maheen! I find it sweet! so it suits my Lo! :angel:

Mel xx

I wanted a hebrew name for my LO so its Leorah if she had been a boy it would have probably have been Noah. I'm not religious but I want my child to grow up proud of their jewish heritage :)

We named Rubie after Oh's dad Reuben, but I decided to change the spelling (from Ruby) to make it a bit different. Her middle name is Nicole after St Nicholas because she was born on Christmas Day. :D

we chose colette as my dad is called colin and my mum is lynnette, and as she was thier first grandchild we thought it would be a nice gesture and it was, they were made up!! her middle name is emily which was popular in 1998!!

sophie was chosen as it was the only name we could agree on, and her middle name is rose, as i had a phase of watching titanic!!and kate winslets character is rose.

Lenox was chosen as a bit of a joke,but we ended up really liking it
his full name is lenox philip kingsley, which we think sounds really royal!!

our surname is Atherton.

as my name is sarah and so popular, i wanted something more unusual for Braydon, i loved Brandon and was set on it till the june wen somebody i know had a bubs and called him Brandon and also ITS (garrys) family live in Brandon but not i way prefer Braydon lol

We were convinced i was having a boy, but OH son (he's 6) was the only one who said he thought Charlie was a girl. When we asked him what name he would like for a sister, he said Charlie, we quite liked it and also my gran was called Charlotte, so it kind of made sense. Plus it was the only name we agreed on. OH loved Paige, i really didnt LOL, but i liked it as a middle name so let him have it :D Plus it was the only choice we both agreed on lol
We wanted a name that began with an 'S' to go infront of our sirname...miles :D

weestar21 said:
nicki said:
davina said:
O N Ion

lol sorry that made me chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol:

i no a lad with the sir name Mee his first names rob.... rob mee lol

Zoë was the name my dad wanted to give me, he died when i was young so i found it had a sentimental connotation. and of course i love the name! it means 'life' . also it's a bilingual name which affected my choice
Danielle, her middle name, was chosen because it was on my list of first names but didnt quite fit as a first name. and the lovely midwife who helped me give birth was daniella, so danielle became her middle name :D

I've always loved the name Damien, and so did DF. We had a girls name as back up, but when we knew we were expecting a boy, Damien was fixed. The gasps and funny comments we get, especially with the recent release of 'The Omen' make me giggle.

I like unusual but not totally wacky names and if we have a girl the name is still set. No idea for a boy next time though!

We needed a muslim name that would be acceptable in this country and in Pakistan. Like Melhoney I wanted a name that would not stigmatise my daughter in either country and Zara seemed pretty and simple to both of us. Also it means 'Bright as the dawn' which I love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back