What is going on?!

Marijana FC

Reaction score
I need some help ladies. My little one used to sleep 7pm-3/4am, have a feed and then sleep until 7am. However, 1o days ago (or so) she started waking up earlier and earlier (it is never the same time; sometimes is as early as 12.30 or 2am or 2.30...), have some food (not the full bottle though; she usually has 120ml but now she would take only 90ml), take ages to settle (sometimes it can take an hour), and then wake up again at 4 or 5am - it really depends on the night. At this time, she would have even less food and she would constantly be falling asleep in my arms but being wide awake in her cot!? I am so desperate - it feels as if we are regressing instead of progressing and I keep on wondering what I am doing wrong :wall:
Not to mention the fact that I am so tired...
Do you maybe have an idea what is going on with her? She has reflux but we keeping it under control with gaviscon so that should be all right (she doesn't behave as if it is reflux related problem). Do you think it could be teething? I am just not sure...Or she wants more solid food? I started her on once a day solids last week; maybe I should give her more?
Any ideas welcome! Thank you! :hug:

Hello you!
Sorry you're having trouble.
Have you tried the hungry baby formula?
Here are some things to think about maybe that might help???...

* What time are you giving her the baby rice? Perhaps move that earlier so she'll take a full bottle at bed time.
* What are you doing when she wakes up? She may have got used to you feeding her as soon as she wakes and so now she's in the habit???
* Has she got used to falling asleep in your arms? Might need to do a soft version of controlled crying with her? Have you read The Baby Whisperer's pick up/put down routine?

Lucyx

Hey Lucy!

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried the hungry formula mainly because I am not really sure that food is the problem. I give her solids around noon and she normally has a really good feed straight after her bath (appr. 190ml). I think it is more likely, as you suggested, that she got used to being fed (I don't rock her to sleep either). Or she is actually teething this time?! She dribbles A LOT and just sucks on anything. Her clothes and grobags are socking wet from all the sucking.
I'll try and not feed her straight away tonight...We'll see what happens!

Thanks again :hug:

Sounds like it could be teething. Try Calgel/Bonjela and the teething powders ... see if that helps.
Also, maybe chat to your HV about increasing the baby rice. Slowly but surely with that esp. with the reflux but that might help.
Lxx

hey hun,

reading your post sounds like your LO could be teething...Amber is doing the same but no sign of any teeth she was really irritable with it but now use teething gel and it works a treat...

if she wakes during the night just put a little bit on her dummy and put it back in her mouth and she falls asleep again, depending what kind of night i have i may have to do this 4/5 times but last night it was only once. I dont want to get her in the habit of feeding during the night again..

a couple of times i have given in and gone downstairs to do her bottle and by the time i got back upstars she would be asleep....little bugga! haha xx

Apparently when they first start solids that can disrupt their sleep even more than before. I would have thought that if that's the reason it will pass within a couple of weeks, once she's used to the solids :)

Kina said:
Apparently when they first start solids that can disrupt their sleep even more than before. I would have thought that if that's the reason it will pass within a couple of weeks, once she's used to the solids :)

That's an interesting perspective. I was wondering about that myself. She does seem to be hyperactive after having solids (especially parsnip!) I was actually thinking about stopping giving her solids for a while to see if that makes any difference. But maybe it is better to wait and see?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back