4m old started lots of night waking again

fothers

Reaction score
Hi there,

Maisie used to sleep really well, either slept through from 9-7 or woke up at 4 for a quick feed then back to bed til 7.

For the last couple of weeks though she has started waking a lot more during the night, feeding and sometimes being really difficult in going back to sleep- she would rather lie and chat to herself for a while before starting to cry a little.

What does help if she doesn't settle after a feed is lying her on our bed and leting her sleep there then she will sleep soundly from 4 til 7 or 8am but there isn't much room and I would rather avoid this is we can but at the moment I am so tired we are giving in.

These day she goes to bed at 9.30 (quite happily in her cot) the will wake up at 12.30, 2.30/3.30 and often be awake til 4.30 when I give in and bring her to our bed

Does anyone have any suggestions or give me hope she will grow out this phase soon :pray:

Is this why some people start weaning at this age?

I have had the occasional night like this with Evie but she is suffering really badly with her teeth at the minute and she usually settles in our bed so I do give in and put her there because I feel so sorry for her being in pain and she just likes to cuddle up to mummy when she's like that :lol: :lol:

Hiya my little girl ebony (now 12 months old) went through this twice. once at 4 months and once at 8 months.

you need to be strong and if you decide you dont want to get into the habit of getting her up and putting her on your bed then you need to stick to it so she doesnt get mixed vibes or get confused unless you are happy doing so.

At night when my LO woke up i used 2 offer her water instead of her milk as she was previously sleeping through therefore didnt need it (she eventually got bored of waking up for water!) and when she woke if she didnt want the water and was screaming id comfort her then leave her to settle and go back every 5 mins or so if she was still crying/screaming in the end she should go back to sleep. try not to pick her up or talk to her too much as this will stimulate her (u go back every so often so they know your still there) after a while she would settle herself and go back to sleep although this did take 2 weeks to work the first time when she was 8 months it only took a week.

It was very hard so i had to be 100% dedicated to doing it. Its very tiring too!

I hope this has been of some help to you

Good luck with what ever u try!

This is exactly what my son is doing right now.

We used to co sleep and he went to sleeping in his own cot really quicky. Infact it sort of happened over night.

Many people have told me it's just a wee phase and it will soon pass. Here's hoping. :pray:

Fingers crossed but the last 2 nights she has been back to bed at 9 and feeding at 4 then sleeping til 8- hope it stays that way and that phase is finished! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Thanks everyone :D

yes i think it IS why people wean at that age- i did (well, sort of! half-arsedly lol)

melissa was sleeping thru with only one wake in the nite for boob until 4 months- when she just regressed! im afraid it only got worse before it improved :(

it was a difficult time, we tried weaning (didnt work) controlled crying (HATED it!!!) and allsorts and it carried on until she was 8 months old.

3 things that happened then were:
* stopped breast-feeding
* put her in her own room (previously was in our room until then)
* her first tooth cut

i dont kno which one of those did it or all of them or perhaps none just a co-incidence but it did stop eventually, good luck u will get thru it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back