• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What internet/telephone provider?

Eveadel

Reaction score
Arghhhhhh

We are hopefully moving the end of next month and the new house we are going to does not have cable so we need to change over to a BT line. Who is the best telephone & broadband provider. Got to have Sky is it expensive????

If you have an orange mobile and pay more than 30 quid a month on your bill you get wireless broadband for £5 a month!

We're in an apartment so can't get cable either, we get phone & broadband through talktalk, it costs £20 for line rental, phone package & broadband, then the calls usually take it up to around £25.00 per month total.

The only thing I will say is we had a few problems a while back (& I was cursing them!) as they automatically upgraded our broadband to 8meg, and the line into the apartment it turned out would only support 2 or 3 meg or something like that, so our broadband was fooked for ages and we got really stressy with them, so if you go with them and have problems with the broadband speed/ loading, ask them to sheck what speed the line will support.

They took our broadband back down, and haven't had a problem since *touches wood*

i was with bt but they have been taken over by talk talk i pay £10 a month for 100 hours on the internet and free evening and weekend calls :D

We pay £12 per month line rental with BT.
We have Sky for Television, Broadband and Internet.
That's unlimited surfing and phone calls to landlines and international numbers (anytime) and 25% off BT's charges to call mobiles. We pay Sky £10 a month for the phone & internet - the TV is the expensive bit!!

Where on Virgin Media and we have the 3 for £30 offer!

But we pay a little extra for the phone as we wanted the talk unlimited on the phone!

it may be worth doing a price comparison on u switch or money supermarket

im with bt for both i think we pay £17 for each not really sure tho

Thanks girls.

I was getting so confused looking at the BT options, Sky options, etc :wall: :wall:

I will have a look on Uswitch and compare

We are now on Sky Broadband, its £10 a month, unlimited downloads and you get 16mb (which is blooming fast)

Argghhhhhhhhhhhhh, just been on Uswitch and even more confused. Im trying to work out whether it would be cheaper to have everything separate, Calls, broadband & Sky??

I use tiscali and it is £14.99 for up to 2mg broadband. I've had no downtime with them and there email support is pretty good. My parents are with freedom2surf and they are brilliant, but a bit more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back