Help with internet provider?

charliebear

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I havent been around much lately, will try and have a catch up tonight. Hope everyone is well.

Ok, I'm looking to change phone/broadband provider.
I've seen the offer from Talk Talk http://broadband.talktalk.co.uk/products/broadband
Looks like a great deal.

Currently I get free orange internet (old school through a wire! stuck in one place :() And I'm with BT. Well TBH I'm sick of paying out £70+ for a phone I dont use. We only got installed for the internet!

Well I was wondering about the 40GB download allowance? Not entirely sure what this means. Is this connected ie browsing the internet or actually downloading stuff to PC/laptop? I dont download but anm connected on an evening browsing.

Thanks for your help. :flower:

Charliebear - which providers are available in your area? And what do you use the internet for, mainly? (i.e. are there any online gamers in your house/ XBOX users etc)

I'd be glad to help out :D

We've just got a mobile broadband dongle from 3. We havent bothered with the landline then cos you dont need it! Its just as fast as the wireless virgin media connection we used to have and its £15/month. The only thing is only one person can use it at a time but it works for us. I browse all the time and I can check how much of my allowance ive used on my laptop as i go along. Im so happy with it! can you tell?

Charliebear - which providers are available in your area? And what do you use the internet for, mainly? (i.e. are there any online gamers in your house/ XBOX users etc)

I'd be glad to help out :D

Hi, Thank you.

I found a website where you can search for providers in your area
Results:
BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
BT Wholesale SDSL
AOL LLU
O2 / Be LLU
TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
Tiscali LLU
Tiscali TV (via Tiscali LLU)
Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo)
Virgin Media (Cable)

There is just me who uses the internet, no gamers :) I'm online quite a lot for some reason or another, its on on an evening for browsing, FB, PF ect....
I was thinking of going with TalkTalk with unlimited internet and calls (different to what deal I mentioned above) works out £25 (and coppers) a month.
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back