what happens at last anti natal?

hayley

Reaction score
i've got my last anti natal appoinment next wednesday. I didn't have one this week which i thought was strange but i had a different MW the week before and she said she didn't want to see me this week... She said next week would be my last and that she'd give me a hospital appointment if baby hasn't come... so what is this hospital appointment for? to be induced? or to just discuss being induced? i don't know....

do you think i could ask for a sweep at my last anti natal? i'll be 39 +3

x

yea ask for a sweep hun

I think they will give u an app to see the doctor who then will discuss an induction with u.

hope ur well :hug:

i had my yesterday, they just checked my urine, babys heartbeat and usual stuff, erm then i have an appointment at the hospital for the 27th for if the baby hasnt come..then they check you over and decide what to do..usually if everything is fine and baby is happy they give you another appt for the next week for induction if bubba still hasnt come..unless they find anything wrong and they may induce you sooner (say if babys heartbeat is a bit low/high) or baby seems in distress or if you've had a show but nothing else has happened.

I had an app with the gyn a week after my due date but never made it that far but I think the idea was so they could examine me, make sure baby was okay and prepare for induction. This was with the last pg, not this one.

i know we're all in the same boat - fed up and just wanting these babies out now! but i've started to feel really really down and fed up.. getting a bit depressed about it now as i can't see this baby ever coming out. Maybe i'm having a few bad days due to the weather but last nite i just sat and cried... i want over now! if i had a few pains it would be something to give me hope but i have nothing... the sharp pains down below have even stopped... my bump seems higher than ever today... it dropped so much 2 weeks ago.. but now it's right back up under my boobs...

if i could i would pay for a sweep just to try and start things off...

did everyone get these pregnancy blues? i just want something to happen to give me hope that this pregnancy is coming to the end... i just keep thinking i'm going to go over and i'll still be here at 42 weeks.. which i just can't face...

sorry to moan! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah defo ask for a sweep cos she might not offer you one. My last antinatal when i was having Aimee was at 40 +2 and i never got offered one and i was rushed in and out so never got chance to ask for one. You will be kicking yourself if you still sat there at 42 weeks! I was :x

i have my last one on tues n il be 39+5 she did say this week if i hadnt had her by then she would send me to be induced without anymore questions :| as much as i want thi sbaby out of me i really dont want to be induced :talkhand:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back