• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what gets your LO moving???

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
I cant stop worrying. my LO is so quiet... but he is also a little monkey becuase everytime i have a scare, they put me on the monitor and he kicks away more then ever... (cheeky boy)
well... he has not moved again so far today. i have been on the "go" a bit, but have tried cold cold water and ice lollys...
i was wondering what gets your little one moving? and do any of you go for hours and hours without feeling any movements?
i cant stop worrying! :(

Aww hun :hug: Your LO might just be facing your back and your placenta is taking most of the blows?!

If I put pressure on my tummy with my hands, I usually feel her fighting it! You could try that? Or shining a strong light on your belly/putting headphones around your tummy and hopefully LO will react to it?

Have you got a doppler? Might be worth having a listen to put your mind at rest :hug: x

When i have a bath, i think bubs gets used to all thenice warmwater swooshing about, so when i add abit of cold they go mental !! Id guess that pouring cold water on your bump should get them going !

Like Danni said though it could just be there kicking away merrily at your placenta :) :hug:

Cherry coke.

When I sneeze loudly.

When I talk or whistle.

I sometimes balance a pen on my belly and can see it move but just can't feel her.

My bump is very lazy, I do feel movements everyday but sometimes they seem much more quiet than 'normal' and she always seems quieter than everyone else on here when I read other posts.

Cold coke used to work, but often doesn't. The best thing is to completely relax and concentrate only on feeling the bump. I had a long bath this morning and it's the only time she's moved really, it could be the bath, or it could be the only time I've been doing nothing at the same time.

The last couple of weeks, mine hasn't really stopped moving at all! In fact I am getting a bit exhausted just feeling him.

Have you tried coke or another caffeinated drink? This always sends Oscar completely hyper! :D

like nicky when totally relaxed,mainly in the bath or after eating something and definately after a large slush ice! :D loving slush ices its not the juice its the lovely crushed ice. :hug:

Lying down on the bed usually starts mine off. Also cold drinks or ice cream usually gets a reaction too.

I've heard the bath is a good one but that never works for me.

Mine moves almost constantly but Saturday it hardly moved at all and when it did it was only like tiny little flutters. I tried not to panic though and by Sunday/Monday it was back to kicking me into shape and it's not stopped since. I think it must just have been having a day off because it was the weekend :rotfl: :rotfl:

hey girls! Thankyou for your replys! (keep them coming, hehe) i think..... tink that i might have felt a few flutter, laying down watching Desperate houswifes. i'm also munching my way through Asda icepops,,, but nothing really! Awwwwww i feel silly worring too much, becuase i know later this evening he'll probs be kicking away... i just wish he wasn't soooooooooooooooooo quiet!

Usually trying to get some sleep gets her going :wall: Otherwise, I know where her feet are and if I poke at them for a while, she'll eventually get fed up and kick me back. I wonder if I prod her too much to be honest...but I do love the response!

hey hun, i often go a few hours without feeling anything. my lil one reacts when i lay down with the doppler on him! he tries to kick it off!!x

Being sat up on the laptop, resting a book on my belly in the bath is usually a winner!

I think LO gets its own routine, I feel much more on an evening.

I'm sure everything is fine, the mw always says to me, count 10 movements then forget about it for the rest of the day.

For my Lo lying down on my side and having the lap top near my belly get her really cross and she bashes till I stop either. When she was really ikkle she used to shoulder barge me but now I get kicked and punched, I have already enrolled her into anger management :D .

Any cold drink should get him going. Try drinking a glass of really cold water all in one go and then sit down and put your legs up, and just wait. :D

Coughing, apparently! I'm still being punished for disturbing their home, and that was two hours ago!

Thank you for all your replies. baby was very quiet all day yesterday,,, but soon perked up at about 4:30 this morning :wall:
he has been bery active all day today. i think he just likes to tease me and get me worked up!!!!

don't forget there are still some movements we don't feel, maybe the little mite is just chilling out with a bud watching the late night baby show lol! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back