I had "brim" written in pregnancy notes..what does

Julia

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I had my weekly visit to see the midwife today and she said everything was fine. When I asked if the head was engaged she said "yes". When I looked at my notes afterwards, she had recorded "brim"...what does this mean?????

Julia xxx

hi i dont no, but mine says free. so i take it that means baby aint engaged... how far gone are u?

Thanks for replying,

I am 37 weeks today...

iv just typed brim in google but not much luck??? :think:

ummmm its going to bug me now

il keep trying thou x x x

Thanks Dionne, that's really kind of you!

I have had a look but, like you said, not much luck apart from a web site that explained that "brim" meant the brim of the pelvis...still does not really help though. I suppose it means that it's head is at the brim of the pelvis - but why did the midwife say it was engaged? Perhaps it is IN the brim of the pelvis!?!

All these pregnancy terms are starting to really irritate me...I could probably gain a degree due to the amount I have researched throughout my pregnancy!! I won't know what to talk about once the baby is born......probably breast feeding, dirty nappies and sleeping routines!!! What has my life come to????? I wasn't even interested in all this a year ago!!!!!!!

Julia xx

what do your pregnancy notes look like? are they green?

i no that some areas vary mine are green notes and there is some thing in there about engagment and brim

well this it what it says

5/5 = free
4/5= sitting on the pelvis brim
3/5 = lower then the brim but most of the head is above the brim
2/5 or lower = brim which means engaged (most or all of the head is below the brim)

still dont help much as we want to no how much above or below u are the brim? it not got any numbers by it?

hi hun glad you worked it out x x x

thanks for my email x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back