Relation to brim

Tilly

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I had my midwife appointment this afternoon, I am 39+3, I was told that baby's head was nice and fixed and in my notes under relation to brim she has written 2/5. Does this mean I am 3/5 engaged or 2/5 engaged? A few weeks ago I was 3/5 relation to brim so I am hoping baby has moved down a bit.

I did mean to ask her but I was caught up asking her questions about baby's position as baby has been back to back for several weeks now and is showing no signs of shifting.

Thanks for your help

Sounds like baby is 2/5 engaged. I'm just looking at my notes now and theres a page where it tells you what the different terms mean and it says that 2/5 is engaged as most is below the brim and 1/5 or 0/5 is deeply engaged, as hardly still palpable from above.
Basically its sounding good hun :cheer: Sounds like your LO maybe ready for labour!
If you look on page 12 of your notes it should have all the abriviations you need including lie and presentation and then you can match them up to what your M/W wrote. Hope that helps
:hug: :hug: :hug:

if youve got notes like i have they wont have good explainations like those :)
The number that the midwife writes in rellation to brim is how much of the head can be felt, so it is the remainder that is engaged. if that makes sense. So the lower the top number, the more the babys head is engaged.
Hope that helps.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back