What do you girls think?! (long)

TheHolster

Reaction score
I had my 31 week check up with my GP on Tuesday and it didn't go as well as I had hoped.

I have a bad case of thrush at the moment which wont go away and I mentioned this to her when I got in there when she was asking how I am.

She did BP, didnt say what it was and didnt seem concerned, also checked my urine and then asked which thrush cream I was using and said there was something in my urine. I know it wasnt protein but for the life of me, I cant remember what the hell she said it was!! :wall2:

Then she felt bump which was REALLY sore when she was pressing on him....and then she seemed concerned.

She listened to his heart beat and said he seemed ok.

She asked when my next midwife appointment is, which will be 3 weeks time and then asked me if I could come back to see her in 2 weeks time.

Then she asked whether Ive had any swollen ankles or anything; which I have. My ankles and feet have ballooned, and so have my hands in the last couple of days too! She had a good prod at my ankles and seemed a little bit more concerned.

Then she asked how much weight I'd put on with the pregnancy, I didnt have a clue, so she weighed me and Ive put on.............................17kg!!!!!!!!
:( Thats just over 2 1/2 stone!!!

I dont look like Ive put weight on really, maybe a little around my hips, but infact, everyone has been saying that I look like Ive lost weight around my face and legs etc.

Anyway, then she changed her mind and wants me back in a week!!

My mum and other half both said dont worry too much about it, they're probably just keeping an extra eye on me because of the weight thing but I cant get it out of my head so I was just wondering what you girls think and whether anyone has had anything similar?! xx

Some advice which a friend told me when I had a panic over protein in my urine and measuring small was that if there was a major concern, they would send you up to the hospital straight away. If necessary they would keep you in.

The fact your GP wants you to come back in a week means that she wants to see if things settle down all by itself. Keep an eye on your symptoms though and if anything gets worse or if new symptoms appear then make another appointment. Hope this help... although I know how difficult it is to try not to worry :)

I agree... If it was really bad you would sent to the hospital straight away for tests etc. I completely understand why it can be worrying especially if she didn't explain much either... But try and get some rest and relax and see what happens at your next appointment... It is better to be seen more often anyway... My MW is quite the opposite, I have only given 1 urine sample during the whole of pregnancy, she said my BP is fine so not worried about urine, have seen her, let's say not too often, will be nearly 4 weeks next time i see her and I am due in a week but apparently 2nd time mum's don't need it so often (BS I would say :lol:)
Good luck and hope it all goes well! Keep a close eye on your symptoms, especially BP and swollen ankles, vision etc and if you feel anything is wrong demand an earlier appointment or ring hospital!xx

yeah I would be concerned too, but like the other girls are saying the doctor prob noticed a few minor things and cause she knows that pregnant ladies bodies and health change so often wants to keep and eye on these things, just look after yourself and if you feel unwell then head straight to the docs xxx

Thank you girls!

Nice to have some extra reassurance and I guess you're right, if there was something really wrong, I'd be up at the hospital. You know what a pregnancy brain can be like though, over thinking everything lol :) xx

I know exactly what you mean. I was told I had to wait 3 weeks for a growth scan and 2 weeks to see my MW to check my urine again. My MW appt is next week and my growth scan is the week after. It seems like a lifetime away! I'm obviously worried but trying not to think about it too much and in the meantime I am just looking after myself and keeping an eye out for anything unusual.

:( you poor thing having to wait that long! I hope all goes well with your appointments hun!
It is really difficult not to worry, especially when pregnant lol xxx

hiya,

ive just been through the same, 32 weeks midwife app was monday. I nearly fainted on the way, when i got in the docs and saw her i told her about constant headaches. She tested BP which was fine. Same as always 130/80. She found proten in urine and has sent it off for testing. But then i still felt terrible on tuesday. Headaches were worse so i was told to come into hospital. The babies heartbeat was high so i was on the heart machine for 2 hours and then it settled. They took BP 4 times and temp was high. I was given stronger painkillers and sent home 4 hours later. Then i had growth scan on weds and baby is big but nothing to worry about and they realised i should be on iron tablets which i am now. And protein is gone from waters. I was worried like hell those 3 days, no one could calm me down but now everythings sorted i feel so much better. Midwifes comin out sunday just to keep an eye on me.

but as everyones saying don't worry, easier said than done i know but if they were really concerned then i think they'd be doing more.

good luck hun. Sorry for long message x

Thanks K&A, sounds like you've been through a bit of a rough few days hun! Has everything settled down with you now? xx

Thanks K&A, sounds like you've been through a bit of a rough few days hun! Has everything settled down with you now? xx

im still getting small headaches but nothing as bad as they were. The tablets are working and the iron tablets seem to help. Ive now started taking a nap as ive been told to just rest all the time. But the hospital said if the headaches carry on and tablets don't work then to come back.

ive had an easy pregnancy up to now. No morning sickness and generally felt great. I knew it wouldn't last :) x

Lol too good to be true eh?!

Just make sure you rest up LOADS!!! At least the headaches arent as bad as they were though :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back