Do you know when the head is engaged?

lulu

Reaction score
Hi,

I had my usual 2 week midwife appointment today.

My midwife has not been the greatest midwife in the world and I was expecting a lot more from my appointment today.

She did the usual - blood pressure, urine check etc. They were all fine :D

When I got up on the bed thingy she was feeling around (which is a little uncomfortable) and she said that there was not a lot of room for baby, and it was quite tight. Apart from that she didnt really say anything else.
I was expecting her to say stuff like - how the baby was lying, how far down the head was and if it was engaged etc but nothing, so I asked:

Is the head engaged yet, should it be and would I be able to tell when it was? She gave me an answer that didnt really answer any of it and was so vague I cant even explain what it was now!!!

She then said well the next time I see you you will be overdue!!! :?

Hi Lulu,
I had the exact same thing with my midwife last week, I was expecting her to talk me through everything as I was so close and tell me what to expect but nope, nothing. I asked if the head was engaged and she just replied 'you'd be having contractions if it was' and that was it.

She has booked me for next Tues which is past my due date which I thought was very strange, thought they would see you every week closer to the time!
x

That's pants, my midwife is crap too, so not expecting her to tell me anything any more, I see my GP too, and he answers most of my questions.

I have not seen my GP since I first found out I was pregnant!

I have my 'term' appointment at the hospital on thursday, maybe they will be more informative!

I have read my maternity notes and they dont reveal much either! - well the bits you can read due to the hand writing anyway!!! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back