• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you do on mat leave?

Hazel

Reaction score
I'm now signed off sick until my mat leave starts so I won't be going back to work.

Just wondered what you all do to keep yourself amused?

I go swimming but then still have the rest of the day to do what I like and I don't want to get bored as I'll just start eating cake :roll: .

Um well,
Swim (like u said)
Take hour long baths
Watch day time TV
Play with all LO's stuff geting at perfect
Im going to be putting the finishing touches on to my baby book when i get bk from camping.
Read

Basically do all the little things you wont get the time for after LO is here!! And enjoy it!! I'm LOVING being off from work, but then again i'm used to having weekdays to myself and working weekends so it's great to actually do something on them!

to be honest i spent loads of time on here! lol
but also went swimming, and for walks with my friend and her dog and finished getting my nursery/babies stuff ready!

i remember people saying the following to me and thinking :roll: whatever i feel like an elephant i can't relax but wish i had done it now--

read some books/watch cheesy telly or just take time to relax because once the baby comes its all about them! so enjoy YOU time while you can and make sure you're well rested! its about the only time you'll get to do it without anyone making you feel guilty!!! :hug:

ps as you have spare time on your hands the one thing i wish i did was write a diary of how i was feeling day to day- how many kicks/movements you get how big bump is etc..coz it would be really nice to read back on now and for LO in the future..

I just sat on here, ate loads and took long baths followed by a nice nap...

:roll: Those were the days :rotfl:

Jade&Evie said:
I just sat on here, ate loads and took long baths followed by a nice nap...

:roll: Those were the days :rotfl:

:rotfl: sounds familiar

I really got into cooking in a big way. It was great to have the time to try out new things.
I ended up making and freezing lots of wholesome meals which has come in REALLY useful now I have very little free time.

Same as what the other ladies said really....sit on PF, spend money on the internet, watch daytime TV, take long baths, read, clean, sort out/look at baby stuff, organise hospital bag for the 100th time, meet with friends for dinner.

It's great fun...I'm loving it!!!!! :cheer:

yep, funnily enough the days fly by :)

i thought i'd be so bored when i finished work early but i feel like i've hardly stopped.

it's got to the stage now though where my feet are really swollen, and it's uncomfortable to walk, so i haven't been going out as much :( it will fly by though hun :hug:

Nothing :lol:

I had Finlay before my mat leave started :lol:

I so wanted to rest and have some me time but it didn't happen

Enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member