Question about sick leave, mat leave and annual leave?

Mrs CW

Reaction score
Hi all,
It's my last week at work this week and I'm shattered. I can be on my feet for most of the day or I can be in an area where I can sit for the majority of the day. Last week I had one morning (it was meant to be the whole day but I couldn't manage it) on my feet sitting for short periods of time and I felt physically sick and unwell for the rest of the day. I had leave the next day and ended up phoning in sick the day after.
This week I only, at the mo, have an afternoon doing this but it's a busier machine and I could be asked to do more through the week. I'm dreading this one session and don't think I can do that one! I've tried talking to my boss but she won't listen.
If I end up having to take sick leave would this affect my annual leave that starts after Friday? I have 3 weeks booked. I know that if I'm signed off sick I will be forced to start mat leave at 36 weeks does that still count if you have annual leave booked? Quite a difficult question I know!
Thanks for any replies

Cat x x x

i would guess that if you self cert until Friday and aren't 'signed off' by the doctor u maternity leave wouldn't start but i can't be 100% sure! xx

Thanks for the reply! That's what I'm not sure of either. I've only had 2 sick days the whole pregnancy and would prefer to work the week if I can. I would only go sick if I physically couldn't work. I might try and speak to my boss again and see if the rota can be altered. Thanks again x x x

I agree. If you self certificate yourself off this week. Or if you come in Monday then go home for the rest of the week you don't have to even do that. Then your annual leave is just your annual leave as planned.

I wouldn't risk getting signed off sick by the GP if you're planning on using your annual leave to take you past 36 weeks.

In my work if I was signed off sick and it ran into annual leave my holidays would be returned to me - you need to check the HR policy in your work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back