What do they call their grandparents?

Londoner Claire

Reaction score
What do your children call their grandparents? Do they call one set one and the other something else?

How about you with yours?

Ryan calls my mum nana, that's what she wanted. I think grandma and granny sound too old. My dad is called Grandad, same as I called both of mine. Us kids called our nans nanny then nan.

My mum is Grandma, she was nanny but now shes grandma, my dad is grumps, ians mum is a bitch, sorry i mean shes nanny and his dad is grandddad

:rotfl: @ bitch. Grandpops I think is a cute one but I've heard some silly ones too.

With my kids it's Grandma and Grandad from my side, and Grandad Duncan and Nana Joan(who went to heaven a while back) on my OH side.

I have a Nanna and Poppa and a Grandma (Grandad died two years ago :( ) My Dad will be Poppa and my mum will be Grandma, oh's Mum and Dad are Grandma and Grandad. I love Poppa as a name!!!

My mam is granny
DH's mam is nana
My dad is grandad
my step-mother is grandma

Londoner Claire said:
What do your children call their grandparents? Do they call one set one and the other something else?

Ryan calls my mum nana, that's what she wanted. I think grandma and granny sound too old. My dad is called Grandad, same as I called both of mine. Us kids called our nans nanny then nan.

they call my mum and dad 'nana' and ' grandy'

they call the mother in law 'the bull dog chewing a wasp' :twisted:

My mum and dad are grandma and grandad my mum hates the word nana! OH parents both died years ago but would have been nanny and grandad. My grandma (Rubie's great grandma) is gran to Rubie

My mum and dad are grandma and grandad my mum hates the word nana! OH parents both died years ago but would have been nanny and grandad. My grandma (Rubie's great grandma) is gran to Rubie

I call my grandparents nana and granda on my mams side and grandma on my dads.

Obviously Thea doesnt call hers anything lol. My mam has named herself Granny May. The wicked witch of the west, i mean Richards mam calls herself nana.

He he here we go....

My mom's parents are nan and grandada
My dad's parents are grandma and grandad

Kids grandparents...

My mom, they call nanny Val (though they never met her as she dies before they were born)

My dad left when I was a baby so he doesn't really get reffered to much... they call him by his first name...

Their dads mum is nanan as she is Northern and chose that and grandad

Sam will have

Farmor ( translated as dads mum) and farfar ( translated as dads dad) as they're Swedish and that's how it goes!

:shock: :)

Leorah has a Famor and a Farfar too being half danish. She also has an oldemor (great granny) a nanny, grandad and a grampy in England and a Grandpa Fleming which is DH's step dad. Such a lucky little girl with all those grandparents :)

My mum and dad are nanny or nana and grandad.
OHs mum is nanny and OHs dad is baldy grandad, MIL was fat nany but shes lost weight now so shes just nanny, Lol.

my mum is nannie and my dad is granpa.... my ex's parents are nana and grandad

We always called nans nannas, and my grandad isnsited we called him Georgie as Grandad made him feel old :rotfl:

I have already started calling OHs dad Grumps, a he is often grumpy, and he loves it :shock: :rotfl:

mine: grandma and grandpa

ohs: nanny and grandad

I called both my mums and dads parents Grandma and Grandad. It never got confusing as it was Grandma Lenna and Grandad Bill, and Grandma Bizzy Lizzy and Grandad Albert.

Kayleigh calls my parents Grandma and Grandad (grandad grandad), and her Dads parents Nanny and Grandad (grandad Philip).

The MIL changes her mind like the bloody wind! :roll: Luckily, Kayleigh calls her Jenny so she's got a while to decide before Charlie starts talking. She went on holiday to Germany in the summer and came back with the notion that she would be called Omar! :shock: Her lates thought is Mammy! :shock: I live in Leicester, and a lot of kids call their mum Mam, so I've told her that is also a no no!

Although Kellie80 - I may have to consider the fat nanny!!! (But obviously only when she's not within earshot!!!) :rotfl:

Harry has on my side of the family:
Nanny & Grandad, Great Nanny Knit Knit, Great Nanny & Great Grandad F & Great Nanny & Great Grandad C
OH's side:
Gran & Grandad, Great Granny & Grandad G & Great Gran & Grandad G

They all have their own prefered names :roll:

budge said:
Londoner Claire said:

they call my mum and dad 'nana' and ' grandy'

they call the mother in law 'the bull dog chewing a wasp' :twisted:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back