What Could This Be?

dannii87

Reaction score
Posted in 3rd Tri but no-one's really sure what it could be and I'm worried :(

Hola 8)

Last night I got one contraction with pain. It was all on my left side (left side of bump, left side of lower back and left side of body). Anyway, it took my breath away, made me have a hot sweat while it was happening and then I was sick... I thought it could be very early stages of labour or something but it drizzled out into nothing so it obviously wasn't labour related.

Anyway, went round Tescos today with my Mum and got CONSTANT pain in my left hand side again (lasted about 30 minutes). Made me feel hot and flustered again like it did last night, but didn't make me feel sick. There were no breaks inbetween or anything and only got a couple of BH with it (but the pain didn't increase or anything) so again, can't be labour related. It started to wear off and came in waves (no BH with it though) and eventually drizzled out again.

I've never had this before and for a brief second, a horrible though came over me, for some reason I imagined the cord round her neck or something and that's what caused the pain!? I have no idea WHY I thought that, but now I can't stop thinking about it :( xx

(P.S - FWIW, I realy don't think it's labour related, I haven't lost my plug or anything and I've had zero other signs)... xx

Maybe a bit of siatica? I had it and it could feel like a burn. She could just be laid on a nerve which may explain the one sided pain.

:hug: You can share my gurt big packet of paracetamol if you like. If it is the sciatic nerve I feel your pain. :)

Cheers ladies :hug: I've googled sciatica and it doesn't sound like it's that :think: When I got it last night, I was sick with it too, and I get a hot flush with it and feel a bit breathless...

I'm going to mention it to my MW on Tues at my appointment.

Mum said something which made me feel a bit better;

A) I can still feel Evie moving around so the cord idea is unlikely...
B) How would a cord wrapped around baby's neck cause pain?

Tis true I suppose :think: I feel a bit better that it was just a stupid thought I let enter my head! :wall:

xx

A couple of weeks before going into labour I had an intense sore stomach for about half an hour - it had be in tears and was excruciating! I've no idea what it was but I had a healthy little girl :D

Mention it to your midwife just in case but I don't think it's anything to worry about :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back