What could it be?

Mama 2 Be

Reaction score
Hi girls, :wave:

Since just before Xmas I've been getting a sharp pain in my right wrist (right at the joint where the arm joins the hand) when I put pressure on it (For example when opening stiff handles on doors or when picking up something heavy).

Any ideas what it is? There is no swelling, or redness or brusing and I haven't damaged it, its just seams to be getting a wee bit worse as the weeks pass by.

Thanks xx

Oh er! I'd heard other girls mention carpal tunnel symdrome on here but had no idea what it was. Just another one of the really annoying pregnancy things that happens but which is in noway realated to your uterus! :roll: :lol: Will keep an eye on it.

Thanks hon, appreciate the reply. :D

Carley1985 said:
It's normal for your joints to get weak because of your hormones, it's a pain in the arse, i can't undo big jars anymore because it hurts my wrists and can't put any weight on them when playing on the floor with my son. Keep an eye on it though because it may develop into carpel-tunnel syndrome.

You say that I've had trouble opening the last two boxes of Tropicana - had to use the door frame and the door and then twist which this morning resulted in OJ exploding on the kitchen floor! :(

It could also be ligament pain, the more u use it the worse it gets best to rest it for a while...how fun is it to only use one hand lol

Why does pregnancy have these wierd side effects? Our bodies are going carzy :shock:

meandthebump said:
Why does pregnancy have these wierd side effects? Our bodies are going carzy :shock:

I know, it's crazy right. I read in my book that someone was experiencing pain when wearing their contact lenses. Answer: It's because you're pregnant. :shock: WHAT? How can it affect your eyes? Apparently we retain more water when PG meaning that being as the outside of our eye is water it gets bigger and therefore hard contact lenses don't fit well and feel uncomfortable causing pain?!?!?

Pregnancy gone mad surely?!? :shakehead:

It's enough to make us all into hypochondriacs - any niggle we have and it's most likely to be pregnancy related :lol:

That's the thing tho there are so many weird and wonderful things going on that to run to the Doctors everytime would get you banned - hence me bothering you lot online instead :lol:

Basically every pain we get is either pregnancy related or inlaw related! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back