What baby toiletries?

Dee83

Reaction score
As the title says, what toiletries do we need for baby? I'm just making a list of all the outstanding things we need to buy but don't have a clue which toiletries we actually need!

Thanks girls xxx

I had baby shampoo, bubble bath, moisturising cream, some kind of barrier cream for babies bum, baby oil that's all I can remember.

You don't need much to be honest, their skin is so sensitive and new and perfect you don't want to smother it in too much stuff!!!
I used the Aveeno range with baby no1 and will do so again with this little one. They do an all over hair and body wash for the bath and a great baby moisturiser - and other than Lucas Paw Paw cream I don't plan on using anything else.
Keep it simple!:)

Ive bought some of the Johnsons range.. baby bath, shampoo, lotion and top to toe wash. But I know for the first while they just recommend warm water and cotton balls :)
Ive also bought bits like cradle cap lotion

I have the usual shampoo/baby bath foam/baby oil/baby lotion and vaseline for their bum too. But yeah, at first it's all top and tailing with cotton wool and warm water eh x

Thanks girls! There are so many different brands out there! I was thinking of getting johnsons stuff too, probably cos it's the only one i really know of!

I was using infacare because johnsons really drys her skin out. But now she's got really dry skin I have some stuff from the HV.

It's annoying because the johnsons stuff smells so nice. But that newborn smell is the best. If someone could bottle it, I'd buy it :)

I was using infacare because johnsons really drys her skin out. But now she's got really dry skin I have some stuff from the HV.

It's annoying because the johnsons stuff smells so nice. But that newborn smell is the best. If someone could bottle it, I'd buy it :)

Try the Aveeno range, it works wonders on dry skin. Our little man had really dry skin too and we brought him to a dermatologist who recommended the Aveeno baby range.... And he's never had a problem since!

Am only using water for the first 6 weeks as recommended (newborn skin is so lovely it doesn't need chemicals)

Stocked up on a few bits like Johnson's baby shampoo, baby bath etc

Also got sudocreme in case of nappy rash, but hoping once we're in washables that nappy rash won't be a problem anyway.

Try the Aveeno range, it works wonders on dry skin. Our little man had really dry skin too and we brought him to a dermatologist who recommended the Aveeno baby range.... And he's never had a problem since!

Oh I'll give that a try hun thanks

Emmabee, I use disposables and Emily has never had nappy rash, if she's been a wee bit red I just apply a very thin layer of sudocrem :)

x

I will only be using water for the first couple of weeks too

Then it will be johnsons baby bath/moisturiser/shampoo ect - cotton wool is a must coz you cant use wipes on them when new born - thats about it, you hardly need anything. Not at the start anyway.

Oh apart from sudocrem for newborn

:)

I'll be using water and cotton wool at first and then see how things go from there. I suffer from eczema and it runs in my family so we want to see if baby has it too. If so, we've got some Simple baby products and some Johnson's aswell

Just to let you ladies know, poundland are selling the baby simple range :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back