• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what are you scared about?

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
hi ladies

so, there is so much to get excited about and look forward to....but recently I have begun to realise that I will not be pregnant forever and at some point I am going to have a small person around and be knackered and bleary eyed. Can't WAIT to meet my baby, and so excited about doing the nursery and all that goes with it, but what is everyone scared or worried about?

I think I'm worried about the exhaustion and just wanting to sleep as soon as hubby gets in from work and so I'll never see him!

:)

xxx

I'm a bit scared of how I'll feel about myself afterwards. I know that's quite a selfish thing, but I'm worried about me getting a bit down about the state my body is going to be in, and the battle I know I'm going to have to get it sorted out. I worked really hard to lose weight a few yrs ago, and during pregnancy I've piled it all back on, and I know I will be quite down about it if I have difficulty shifting it.

Babywise, I am not worried about labour or birth, and I am totally excited about meeting my baby! I am a bit 'nervous' about whether I will actually know what to do, but I think I'll learn as I go.

Tiredness is also a big fear! I hate being tired and I love my sleep - oops!!

xx

I'm worried about having to have an assisted birth! Really dont want to be cut!!!

Im also worried about going from one child to two. How I'll juggle the half term holidays and sleep etc. I'm sure we'll be fine otherwise no one would go on to have thirds and fourths etc but it's just the unknown!

im mainly scared about being lonely and not knowing what to do.

i moved to a town away from family and friends to live with other half and the only person i have over here other than lee is my real mum which we are not getting on at mo and she works during the day.

everyone else is half hour away at least and bit worried that if i feel i need some help or just to vent etc will be a struggle to see poeple. i.e my dad.

sorry im rambling miss my family.

with all this however i am so excited to be a mummy and if you wana know what im most looking forward to its seeing my oh's face when we meet our son and how they bond aswell. xxxx

Hey hun I am not far my.dear we need to meet........
I am worried that I won't be.able to juggle everything I am worried.about the.school run and baby.fitting in to it. What happens if he needs.feeding as I am walking out the.door...
I am also scared about lack of friends being around quite a few have proved to me that they don't.care. since being pg and I dont.want to be lonely. I also wonder.how k is gonna.take it... x x

I'm worried about giving birth as my last one was horrific. I'm also worried about dividing my attention between my gorgeous little boy & the new addition, I don't want my son to feel left out & jealous. I am also worried about suffering with post natal depression again. On a positive note though, we got through it all last time & will do again this time, as we know there is light at the end of the tunnel x

Sunnyb xxx

I'm worried about how I'll feel after the birth too. I know I need to be aware of PND etc. I really want to see how I'll cope with it all and I'm more curious than worried at the.minute. I also worry about being lonely too.
But I think my main worry is that she'll be ok when she arrives and that she'll be healthy.

Scared of lack of sleep n going from one child who's my world to two- like how will he take it, sleep, day to day things, It's more then unknown then anything. As I know it's going to be hard but u manage n enjoy it x

I'm worried about how I'll feel after the birth too. I know I need to be aware of PND etc. I really want to see how I'll cope with it all and I'm more curious than worried at the.minute. I also worry about being lonely too.
But I think my main worry is that she'll be ok when she arrives and that she'll be healthy.

Defo agree Pinky, I've had such a problem-free pregnancy that I keep waiting for something to go wrong! x

Ho n I worrie about gettin post natal depression again, but this time I'm more aware of it so thing I'll be fine x

Same as Nmf1987 i live about a 3 hour drive from all my family and old friends so i am worried about being lonely as i do get a bit lonely now im on maternity leave - i dont have as many friends here in Cardiff as i do back home.

Im worried about the blood and everything when i give birth, and the pain. Im such a wimp i cant take even the slightest pain without fainting and it worries me that ill struggle to cope with it - but in a way im kind of resigned to it because i know its going to happen no matter how much i fret about it!

I am a bit worried about being fat afterwards because ove gained almost 3 stone - but i know i will be sooooooo determined to lose it that i will x

I'm a bit worried about the birth as i have very fast labours if i not rad or induction thenhaving baby out andabout or home alone. Also the tiredness as i wont be able to nap when baby does with having a 15 month old and how he is going to react wih a baby.

Defo agree Pinky, I've had such a problem-free pregnancy that I keep waiting for something to go wrong! x

Yep I keep thinking this is too good to he true, which is a terrible way to think so I try not to dwell on what could go wrong!

I have a bit of a silly worry tbh, I am worried about too many visitors and too many people being pushy and wanting to see my baby that I am going to miss out a bit on the newborn stage apart from in the middle of the nights xx

Crimson i know what you mean - i do worry my OHs family will be round 24/7 stealing all the cuddles with my baby!! Thats where breastfeeding comes in handy - he has to be with me a few times a day! x

Last edited:
With that you're just gonna have to stand ur ground ladies. Even if you're not usually the type to say anything to anyone I think you'll find you won't have a choice. The first few days especially are exhausting and moments where you don't feel tired you'll want to enjoy your baby...ALONE!! Just see how u feel nearer the time but i think I'm gonna try to get my visitors out the way sooner rather than later xx

I'm worried about if they change their minds about inducing me at 38 weeks. And forceps and episiotomies. And I've got piles for the first time in my life, it's just this one but its huge and I'm worried it'll cause me extra pain during the birth. I'm worried incase they don't read my birth plan. I am not worried about being alone, anymore, because I've got Cherelle to chat to and meet with now. My worries are all around the birth - as that was the biggest prob last time.

I'm worried about being lonely and losing my current friends. with my first it was really lonely I was just 18. I worry that my parents try and take over like the last one and I let them coz it's easier that way. even though I know I'm not 18 anymore and that I don't even live with them. In fact I reckon I'm just worried its going to be like 11 years ago all over again with slight difference like I acutally have a partner I love this time who has been there the whole pregnancy :) but I am worried that my other half might leave and I will be left on my own to deal with it all. Its hard on your own and I don't know if i could do that again.

snr1982 - my worst worries are because of my first time round too. My midwife has assured me it needn't be that way just because it happened before. Sounds like you are in a fantastic place this time. I'm sure you won't just be abandoned, specially as he's been there the whole way through xxx

snr1982 - my worst worries are because of my first time round too. My midwife has assured me it needn't be that way just because it happened before. Sounds like you are in a fantastic place this time. I'm sure you won't just be abandoned, specially as he's been there the whole way through xxx

Its nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks like this. Its funny how we base it on what it was like last time even though in reality things are completely different. I'm even shocked that this pregnancy is different from the first, i just assumed it would be the same, even the midwife laughed at me for that. i'm sure it won't be the same as last time for you either - look you are getting piles for the first time ever! that is different. :lol: sorry just trying to make light of it all. i have a habit of thinking to much sometimes, gotta stop it - Its a women thing though eh? grrrr. it sucks being female sometimes!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back