What are you doing this Valentine's Day?

Christina1979

Reaction score
Just curious as to what you are all up to....

I need to find some energy and inspiration to just get off my bottom!!!!

urghhhhh..... :roll:

Forgetting about it completely apparently........ :shock:

*runs off to shop*

Nothing!!

I bought OH a card and gave him it earlier. He asked if we could do this later because he needed to get to work - and he hasn't had chance to get me anything (biggest load of rubbish i have heard).

Any romantic ideas or notions I had have gone out of the window i'm p'eed off.

Not a thing :) Just posted this in 2nd tri :p

Hubby and I agreed to not worry about doing anything today. No cards, no going out, no flowers (he knows better than to buy cut flowers and expect them to be wanted in this house :lol: :roll: ). Instead it'll be another day for us.

We'll do or usual and spoil each other at other times. We went out for a meal last week, I'll write him a dippy card when one catches my eye, he'll make me pancakes on a Sunday just because.... :)

We very rarely do anything special for Valentine's. We know we love each other, we're having a baby together.
We never buy each other presents, but this week I ran out of perfume, so I asked hubby if he could buy me a bottle, I bought him some £4 chocolates from Thorntons, which I intend to eat with him :D .
I made OH a silly card on the computer and printed it out, he thought it was very funny and appealled to his sense of humour.
We are staying in tonight and watching TV. It is Buzcocks night and we have yesterday's Torchwood saved too. :cheer:

nothing....

i dont mean it in a bad way but hubbys mum died a year ago today so neither of us feel like celebrating it anyway..

We're going to the supermarket... romantic eh?

Although this morning be made my heart shaped toast (cut the slices himself and used red jam) and when we go shopping he's buying me a slab of cadburys, I'll get him some champage marmite (that he saw on telly last night and now wants).

Spent too much money on baby stuff to buy gifts for each other :rotfl:

My husband bought me flowers, chocks pj's and underwear, we have never bought each other anything in the 22 years we have been togeather but he said that because this is a first valantines married he would, i hadnt got him anything so felt like a right cow, but i have just been and booked a table at frankie and bennies and the cinema so have redeamed myself a little

Nothing :evil:

My oh is to busy to buy me a card apparently :roll:

My husband bought me flowers, chocks pj's and underwear, we have never bought each other anything in the 22 years we have been togeather but he said that because this is a first valantines married he would, i hadnt got him anything so felt like a right cow, but i have just been and booked a table at frankie and bennies and the cinema so have redeamed myself a little

nowt :) we're spending the day together sorting our flat out in the hope that we can move home tomorrow...

he got me a card though - he doesn't usually bother but his mum made him feel guilty - apparently her words were, "you should make the effort, she probably doesn't feel very feminine at the moment" - WTF??!! :shock: :shock:

Well Im having the most romantic day ever......I have the prospect of another woman sticking her fingers up me later whilst my husband watches ..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: it just doesnt get any more romantic than that J-Do1979 :rotfl: :hug:

J-Do1979 said:
Well Im having the most romantic day ever......I have the prospect of another woman sticking her fingers up me later whilst my husband watches ..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This would probably be my hubbys ideal night! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think hubby has probably bought me a card, he went to work too early to exchange anything so we will do it later. I hope he hasnt bought me anything else coz I havent got him anything coz we agreed we wouldnt buy prezzies :lol:

I wont even see my OH today :cry: - He is on a late shift and by the time he gets home - I am fast alseep. (not that he gets home that late only 10.00 I just cant stay awake any later than that).

I did get him a card - havent had one back yet

I totally forgot about it till my OH sent me a text this morning saying Happy valentines! :oops: I expect he probably forgot too till his mates at work mentioned it :lol: I was still asleep when he left for work this morning.

Will have to get a card this afternoon before he gets back from work.
I can't be arsed with valentines day, we know we love each other and tell each other all the time. OH often brings me home flowers too (he's a gardener so nicks them from peoples gardens!) Don't see the point of having a special day, just keeps the greeting card industry ticking over between xmas and easter :)

My hubby is away training so we are not celebrating it either :cry:

The best present I could have today would be my little man being born but that doesn't look likely either! :cry:

OMG just as I posted that my youngest son brought me the post and I got a card from my hubby!!!! How sweet, love him so much can't wait till he comes home tomorrow. :cheer:

He's just made my day and made me a bit emotional too as I thought he'd forgot! Blooming hormones!!!! :rotfl:

Im not in the 3rd tri yet...

But im not doing anything apart from cleaning...
until my sexy boyfriend comes home from work at 7pm
Well... looking after my puppy if that counts as anything

We've already exchanged pressies :D I got a hoooooge bunch of flowers and a big box of choccies and a card.

Cooking a spag bol for tea :dance: Oh and Paris is going to bed earlier tonight so I'll have a glass of bubbly with OH :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back