What am I meant to put *help please*

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Sorry if this in the wrong section mods

I am going back to work in 6 weeks :evil: :cry: and am requesting to return 4 days a week rather than 5. I spoke to my manager about this and he has pretty much OK'd this verbally but I have to fill out the request and Im totally useless at it.

The questions are

1) Impact of the working parrern- I think this change in my working pattern will affect service delivery and my colleagues as follows:

2)Accomodating the new working pattern- I think the effect on service delivery and colleagues can be dealt with as follows:

The office is short staffed at the moment anyway with another girl going on maternity leave at Christmas so my being there for 4 days is going to be a vast improvement on the way things are going to be early January. Also the company is having a massive reorganisation and my job is splitting into 3 areas of speciality, I have to submit an expression of interest to which branch of the job I want to go down. These expressions of interest have to be submitted 2 weeks before I go back which just complicates things further :wall:

Im half tempted to write that I am not the office manager and it is not my place to tell my manager how to do things!

hey nat!

i had the exact same questions and i put it off until yesterday to do my form. my work situation is a bit different because before i went on maternity there was just me and my boss - now there are 3 people doing my job, plus my boss. that's a compliment to me eh!!

i emailed my boss saying i didn't think it was my place to answer those questions and he replied...

"So you'll need to put something along the lines of impacting on the work pressures of other members of the team, but that the team has increased to a bigger team ie from 1x finance assistant to 3x finance assistants plus Neil so there's more resilience and people to cover work.

I think the point of the questions are to make people think about the bigger picture and how change of hours not just affects them but their work colleagues also..."

which doesn't help much i know.

i just wrote that due to my team increasing, urgent matters should be easily dealt with by the other staff members if they cannot wait until when i am back into the office.

that's probably no use to you as your situation is different, but thought i'd reply anyhow. they are tough questions.

m

Im sorry nat, I dont have a clue! Why not try google and see if that can give you some ideas?

I had to fill this in for my friend the other day - here is what I put for her:

I feel that by going part time I can achieve a good family/worklife balance. I will be able to spend quality time with my son on the days that I am not working, and on the days I am working I can give my job all my concentration and commitment knowing that he is being well cared for in my absence.

As for the second one, I am not sure, could you perhaps write that if they were to set weekly targets for you and the department you will be able to prioritise throughout the week to ensure that all jobs are completed by Thursday. I am not sure on it really as I don't know what you do and it is different to the one I filled in for my friend.

The first isn't as good as the one I wrote for my friend but I forgot what I said - sorry chick! :hug:

Thank you so very much ladies, that really helps :hug: :hug: I had absolutely no clue what to write but feel I know what I can put now :)

This post has been really helpful to me too. I'm going to start this process after Christmas. So I'll be really interested to read how you get on. :)

Missac's suggested response to the first question was really good. I think I'll use something along those lines when the time comes. :clap:

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back