What am I gonna do?

kitty86

Reaction score
I feel really hormonal today.

I didn't sleep much last night and now Leah doesn't want to have her usual afternoon nap and I really depend on this nap.

I am starting to worry about how I will cope when the new baby comes. How do you ladies cope with more than one baby? I have Leah who is nearly to and I really am struggling. I am making myself stressed out, which is making BH worse.

The house is a mess, I have piles of washing to do and when I do get on top of it all I am struggling to keep on top of it all. If I have one day of the cleaning then I struggle all week to get back on top.

Why do men get time off and mums cant? I feel awful when I get mad at Mark because he sits on his arse all weekend while I struggle on. He works all week and thinks he deserves a weekend. What about us mums dont we deserve a day off.

Why does it seem like Im the only usless person in the world. There are 100's of other women who can do it so why cant I?

Grrrrrr I really need sleep.

ring marks mum and ask for a few days break kirsty. your gonna make yourself ill if you carry on like this.. mark needs a slap. im telling you, his actions and your excuses for him are wearing thin. what the hells going on..ive been talking to you for 5 months now and slowly your becomming a nervous wreck. its time you held your hands up and said.. i need a break. i need your help.

xx

My daughter is 4 and just started school. Im lucky that I am in a position where I get 6 hours a day to myself. I was due on Tuesday and like you I have been stressing big time about the house. We are doing massive renovations and its hard to keep everything clean and tidy. I have stacks of washing etc and have been struggling too. I still havent got to a point where I feel ready for the baby - in that I still havent got all the baby equipment cleaned and set up. BUT I have now started thinking "s*d it" and literally do a bit a day. I have just emptied and filled up the dishwasher which has completely knackered me out!! I have been on the laptop pretty much all day and I might put a washing on in a bit - then again I might not! I have also found that now that Im not doing as much cleaning etc my OH has started doing more.

I really sympathise with you I used to love the afternoon nap thing and really miss it now - but you must ask for help. Is there maybe a play group you could take your 2 old to for a few hours a day? You could stay with her and just get out of the house for a bit or a relative that could give you a break for a few hours a day - looking after your 2 year old or even doing some of your washing etc? Its so difficult trying to do everything yourself especially when pregnant. I too am worried about how I will cope with 2 kids but you know what, I will and so will you. You are honestly not the only mum who thinks she cant cope and I am sure you do a terrific job. Honestly, sit down get the paints or crayons out with your eldest and do some drawing or stick a dvd on for an hour - if the hoovering hasn't been done so what. That is my new philosophy and Im sticking to it!!! and if your OH doesn't like it then Im sure you can show him where the on/off button is!!

Thanks for your replies ladies.

When Mark got home we had a big row. He asked if he could go pub and thats what set it off, he could clearly see I was tired.

Long story short he ended up taking leah out so I could have a nap and then things didnt seem to bad.

Mark said I am dressed because I never have a smile anymore and I said are you suprised and I told him everything that annoys me. He said well what do you want me to do. I said just be more supportive and helpful. Then he went on to saying that I expect him to support me 24/7. Erm yeah Im your partner and this baby I am carrying is yours so yes you should support me.

He took Leah and stormed out (probably went pub). When he got back he was all appologetic saying he had a bad day at work and he just needed time out to himself. He didnt need me going on at him like I did thats why he said the nasty things. I just left it there I dont like arguing around Leah.

You know that point where you think no I cant do this anymore I want out. Well Im there with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back