What am i entitled to?

maridunn

Reaction score
Can someone help me....

I work for a company as a typist from home part time, but am paid weekly by an agency and have been doing so since April. By the time I am due I will have worked for them for a year. Will I be entitled to SMP? Also my husband has just become self employed, if he takes time off on paternity leave will he entitled to any money from anywhere cos while he is not working and I am only get smp or ma we wont have enough to live on or to pay the rent with....

I am so confused!

I'm pretty sure you will be entitiled to SMP/MA - have you told your work you are pregnant yet as the HR department should tell you what their company policy is and what you are entitled to.

As far as I am aware, your OH won't get SPP if he is self employed.

Might be worth phoning your local CAB or asking your midwife though - they are pretty good at letting you know what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it. :hug:

You will be entitled to SMP if you continue working for them until you are 25 or 26 weeks pregnant (I forget which) unless you are classed as self employed. I worked as a supply teacher and I was entitled because of the length of time I had been working.

Your OH will not be entitled to anything. Depending on what he does, if he works for very nice people they may offer him a week or 2 paid paternity leave but they don't have to pay him anything. My OH didn't get anything :(

The best way to survive financially is to start saving now. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back