What age do babys stop using baby swings?

jojo_2012

Reaction score
Lewis's bouncer chair is beyond crap not padded at all he keeps kicking the edge with the back of his legs I'm getting rid.

OH keeps bundling him up in a blanket (not kidding!) and swinging him between his legs and he loves it he shuts up and falls asleep straight away, so thinking of getting a swing even though Charlie hated his.

But is it worth it he's 2 months now when do they stop using them?

Also any recommendations for a nice one that doesn't use too much floor space?

My oh bought one last month for Grace because she was poorly (she's now 5 months) we got the bright starts portable swing because it folds up when not used and slots down the side of our sofa. Argos have it for £60 but we got in on sale for £45

Everyone recommended the fisher price one though but we felt as we'd left it do late it was a lot of money incase she didn't like it

It all depends on ur baby as to when u stop using it! Usually most have a weight limit of 20lb which is an average 9 month old! My DS was a huge baby and was 20lb by 4 months!!! Yet my eldest was 13 months by the time he was 20lb lol

Personally I wouldnt, harry is 2 months andI looked at them but as he is so strong (he pulls himself up to sit up) I dont think that a swing would be safe for him!! HAving said that friends with similar age babies love them!!
xxx

I had the Graco ziggy zebra swing which was absolutely brilliant. I didn't get it for Angel till she was 2 months, it says its suitable for upto 9 months but I've had to get rid as she's a very long baby and her feet were dangling off the edge of it and since I've been putting her for naps in her cot she's gone off the swing. I'd definitely recommend it xx

Ours goes by weight too. 19lbs. Joshua is current 12lbs 8oz. So a few months use yet. Although tbh he isn't all that fond of it. Prefers his reclining chair.xx

Phoebe still loves her swing at 4 months old. We have the bright starts one too. Tesco are currently selling it for £50 :)

Well I went out and got Lewis this bad-boy it's a mamas and papas star-lite swing, you can hook it up to your iPod. So far he's been very impressed except for when he was over tired when he was having none of it. I think it's lush.
dsfdf-1.jpg

That's the one we've got, was a godsend when she was tiny, put her to sleep.no problem. Now she's very nosy though so just stays awake in it but very contentedly. Oh loved the fact it was cream and you barely notice it as opposed to most other baby stuff which is crazily coloured! Glad he likes it! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back