What age did you..

BabyLove

Reaction score
.. Put your LO in a bed? Thinking of doing this when Lovella is 18 mnths (With side bars etc obv) because new baby will be 4 mnths then and ready to go into the cot. I was planning on getting the exact same cot to match but after working out that Lovella would be 18 mnths by that point, im now thinking of just getting a little junior bed at that time instead.

My daughter was about 17 or so months when she went into a bed. :)
Sounds like a plan to me carly

I'm planning to put Austin into a bed at the end of the month when my surestart grant comes in. I want him well out of the cot before the baby arrives so that he doesn't associate the two and feel pushed out.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer but I'd be a little wary of moving Lovella out and the new baby straight it - maybe give it a few weeks in between?

Yeah deffinately :) Im really particular about that, i hate the thought of Lovella ever feeling put out & wont be putting new baby into the cot until shes 4 months. I'll be getting Lovella used to the bed before that happens, as that will be a job in itself probably lol xxx

my friend put her little girl in a single bed at 18 months with bedgaurds and she was fne :)
xx

On his 2nd birthday, he loves it! :cheer: We tried a few months earlier and he screamed and screamed!

You can only give it a go, Lovella might take to it straight away :)

My first son was 15 months (because I needed the cot too like you) but I had him a car bed which was about the size of a cot bed but a big plastic frame around and low to the ground
images
like that!

My second son was 18 months (used the car bed too) and my daughter was about 2!

I put my son in his own bed at 12 months and it isent a junior bed, its a normal single bed pushed on to 1 wall with 1 side railings, he has always managed to get on or off it x

think im gonna waite closer to 2yrs with hannah, as i dont have the room atm for a bed and cot in the 'box room' - were moving in 5 weeks to a bigger house, so ill see how it goes then supose....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back