At what age did you put LO in a bed (+ some other Q's)

Krystal

Reaction score
Firstly; At what age did you put LO into their own bed? Jack is 18 months now and still in his cot. It's a cot bed so won't take much to change it to a bed. Do you think he is too young?

Are bedside guards a good idea?

How did you prepare their bedroom? Jack has a habit of pulling draws out etc and I am scared he will pull them on top of him. Also he has a big wooden toy box in his bedroom but the lid is quite heavy, would you remove that too? I am scared the lid drops on his head as probably knock him out.

I'm really nervous at the thought so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

S was 18 months when we changed her cotbed to a bed. I never bothered with the bed guards but she was used to sleeping in a bed - she did fall out of her bed twice but it was very low and she never got hurt. She was a bit of a tyke the first week, would empty all her drawers, and would eventually fall asleep on the floor but she soon got used to the bed.

Last edited:
So would you leave drawers in the room then? Suppose they don't just fall out do they. I am a bit concerned about the toy box though. Don't want to sound like a panicky mummy but.. well I am I guess :lol:

We took the sides off DD cotbed at around 12 months. She was still co-sleeping for most of the night then though :)

Now she goes to bed between 8.00 & 8.30 as OH works till quite late and he likes to give her a bath etc. She will sleep in her own bed till about 5am. When she wakes up she doesn't bother with anything in her room she will either run into our room or stand at the saftey gate depending on where me and OH are.

She has a lindam bed guard on one side of the bed and the other side is agaist the wall. I would give him a try if you think he's ready. If he's not ready you can always put the sides back on :D

Joseph had a car kiddies bed and was in it at around 15 months! He was fine! Didnt really mess with the drawers? :think: Might have pulled the clothes out occasionally :lol: But never pulled them right out I dont think?!

We put Maddison in a junior bed with a bed rail at side about a month ago and she has been great in it. She doesnt realise she can get out at the bottom yet so havent had any drawer worries :lol: If it were me, I would take the lid off the toy box if its heavy just incase he traps his fingers :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back