• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What age did you start weaning?

You're right MummyCat :) The guidelines for weaning are just that, guidelines :)

:D I'm glad you said it! I understand both sides of the weaning fence.. I would have preferred to wait to 6 months before weaning. However my daughter was dropping weight, she's a very active baby and so this is probably why milk was not just enough! (I do wish she'd sit still for 5 min... but she doesn't! :roll:). So unfortunately we had to do what we felt was best for her.

A Mum will know better than anyone else... they will make the best decision I'm sure! :hug: xx

Last edited:
I very much believe that too :) :hug:

Last edited:
Between 5/6 tastes with Megan - Shes on puree foods but also things like bread sticks etc as snacks which shes fine with oh and Caitlin throws her dinner off the table for her (shes crawling) so chicken nuggest roast potatoes etc .... :lol:

4 months with #1 as that's what they 'told' me to do. 5.5 with #2 - I just thought she was ready :)

Aidan was about 20 weeks when I started him on baby rice. It was because he was taking 9oz bottles and still being hungery, We slowly went from baby rice to jars to eating our food and we havnt looked back since :D
xx

with maddi we started at 6.5 months. she was a hungry baby and after a little altercation with my hv (she was telling me her guidelines where LAW :lol:) and i switched to hungry baby formula at about 5weeks old, it made so much difference, we found our routine and weaned later than i thought we would. i agree, guidelines are just that, each baby is sooooo different! if we were all the same we'd be boring :lol:

With my daughter i started at 4 months,with twins i tried but they werent ready so we waited until 6 months.

I gave my son pablum at 2 weeks due to severe reflux , then stuck to that for 2 months ..and moved on to fruits veg and yogurt

6 months and we did baby-led weaning.

I do see that different babies need weaned at different ages, but I cannot recommend BLW highly enough. It is so simple and worth looking it. :) Just for the fact I never had to worry about making purees or buying jars.

11 weeks, she was starving hungry! she only had baby rice til 16 weeks tho, and after that just plain veggies til 6 months, where we gradually started introducing more - i think meat appeared at about 7 months

A couple of days of 6 months, Jack was still content on milk and never really showed a intrested until this point, when he helped himself to a piece of apple of my plate. We are following Baby Lead Weaning and I have et to find a food he wont try. We've found our diet is much better too :)

I think 4 & 1/2 months, i had planned on waiting until 6mnths but she wasn't happy with just milk. We stuck with baby rice for around 3weeks and then introduced purees.

We started blw at 5 1/2 months. He did have a massice growth spurt at around 4 1/2, 5 months, but I just sat it out. Lots of sleepless nights, but it worked for us. I'd say that he didn't start eating properly until 6 1/2 months though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back