What age did you put in highchair?

mum-2-one

Reaction score
Lewis is now 5 months old and is on 2 spoon feeds a day and will probably soon move up to 3. I just wondered at what age did you put your LO into highchair at? He can support himself quite well and I would like to get him into the way of sitting at the table with us but don't know whether he is maybe to young yet.

Id say whenever you feel he is ready to go into the highchair. Every baby is different and does things at different stages.

My son wasnt in the highchair until 8 months (hes a male so that says it all really lol)
My daughter was in the highchair at 4ish months.

If they can support their own neck im sure any age is fine??

EDIT: Just as long as they are strapped in :lol:

Tom's been in a highchair since 5 months but I'd say as long as he's holding his neck and sitting up well and he's strapped in then go for it!

Evies been going in her highchair from about 5and a half months - she hated it at first though and cried as soon as she was in it.

I would say she's been comfortably and happily sitting in it since 6months.

Arianna has been in since she was 5mths old.

Brody went in his at 4 and half months. As long as they can support themselves they will be fine! :D

Nathan still isn't in his. I just find it too much trouble at the minute and feed him in his bouncy chair. He just seems to slump over to one side in his chair although he can pretty much sit unaided now but he just seems to get too excited and ends up covered in food cos he can't keep still. Males are so simple! :roll:

Grace has been in her highchair since about 4 1/2 months...........

I use it a lot to sit her in with some toys while I am cooking in the kitchen. I sit her in the middle of the room and that way she see me all the time.... she loves being up high and seeing what is going on

Austin's been in his a couple of times but he doesn't really like it.

Braydon went into his at about 3 months
it was from birth im not a bad mummy honest

i put willow in it for the first time today it was eaiser giving her her purees but a bit of a bitch giving her her milk. :wall:

Jamie was in his at 4 months & a few days.

By the sound of things then he should be ok. I think I will try him in it tomorrow.

Assuming my DH can manage to build it of course :roll:

Hi

i put kiara in at 6 months when i started solids
Katrina

Started weaning @ 5 months and started her in her Bumbo but soon got sick of sitting on the floor to feed her...she went into high chair the next week and it was great for Baby Led Weaning as I could put her finger foods onto tray and she could help herself :lol:

we dont have one yet as no room at the apt but I use his cousins if were at hers and we went to a friends the other day and I used her little girls and he sitsd up fine the whole time so from about 4 months for us

Hi, i just wanted to let you know that you can buy an extra padded seat from Mothercare and it goes in the highchair for extra support it only costs £9.99. Hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarniReid
Back