What about this name?

Maybe_mummy

Reaction score
Im really struggling to come up with names for our daughter to be :) got a list of nice ones but nothing stand out but then came up with..........

Athea can also be spelt Athia

What do you think? She wont be having a second name as the surname is double barrelled anyway like mine. Ive tried to find the meaning but cant find one all i know is its Australian or greek depending on the spelling?!

I like it. I know a 3 year old called Athea.

It's different without being extreme.

It's an alright name but I want to say Althea to be honest and it's just as pretty imo.

I don't like the idea of the kids not being to look up the meaning of the name etc because it's made up iykwim.

It's nice though :)

Its nice but I think it sounds very forign ikywim would never have thought it was Australian I would have said African or Greek as you said, will have to have a look in my baby book see if it has it

I have heard it before though so should be a meaning somewhere wouldnt say it was made up :)

I get what you mean it does sound foreign, I wondered where I got it from but then after watching eastenders the indian girl whos married to Tamwar is called Afia (again spelt differntly) I have a foreign (french) surname and have double barrelled it with my married name. H2B likes Ellie but I dont know if sounds a bit plain with out a second name. hmmm..........

how did you choose this name? in greek language athea means the girl that dosent believe in God. i have no idea if it sounds ok in english language but in greece sounds quite off to name a kid like that. but don't let that stop you, it may be ok in UK. i just can't pass from the greek meaning of the word

Last edited:
I really like it, sounds quite exotic :) I'd be proud to have an unusual name. Because it is unusual but not weird if you know what I mean, lol. It's nice to be different but not too extreme xx

I keep wanting to say Anthea... It just looks like there's a letter missing somewhere...... It's definitely very different.

I'm not keen, I love Ellie though. Maybe you could use it as a middle name? But at the end of the day, if you like or that's the most important thing.

I'm undecided on it, but it does sound pretty

When I was pregnant wikth my son Devon, my eldest had been watching percy Jackson and wanted a girl called Athena which I loved as a name, I think Athea must be greek

I love the name, I think it is pretty, I believe it is greek :)

i really like it, but i do seem to have a thing about girls names beginning with A . . . Arrietty and Ariella are my current fav!

I know a lady with a little girl called Athea, dad is of cypriot roots and the name came from there although I think they may have altered the spelling slightly from the traditional way. She is very cute and suits the name. i think its lovely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back