What a wonderful midwife - NOT!!!!!

OMG that is horrible!!! :hug: I would have cried too. What a cow!

xxxx

So glad you reported her, that is just totally uncalled for! Who says that?!?! And she is supposed to be a trained professional? The doctors in America start listening for the heartbeat at 12 weeks. You can also buy a personal doppler for not much money there ($60). A lot of pregnany ladies get them, but I didn't as I would probably become obsessed!

Well done for reporting her Hun!

You deserve ahuge cuddle for what she said !

What a douche bag that midwife is!!!

:shock: What a horrible thing to say!! I'd definitely report her! :hug: x x

Well done for reporting her, that comment was complete uncalled for. Hope you getting a nicer one this time xx

considering how hard it is to get into uni to do midwifery (your pretty much told no unless u have experience and damn good qualiys) she shouldnt be so bad at her job, basically shes there to support you and make sure your happy and worry free, any doctor or technician can do scans and poke u.

How unprofessional. I think a general I'm Sorry Not yet would have been more appropiate other than your baby could die. How horrible of her and to think she is a midwife. x

Good on you for reporting her! Let us know how it goes.

Hope you're feeling better about it all and that your new MW is a lot more human. x

HOLY CRAP! What a bitch! :shock::shock:

What a thing to say, I'd defo be complaining and refusing to see her again. Can't believe she said that, I'm so shocked.

:hug:

xxxx

Thanks for the support everyone. A complaint has gone in and Im requesting another mw. Really cant believe how insensitive she is! Spent hours in work cryin like a baby, luckily they were v supportive xx

Missed this before my last post.

Good for you, nobody should be spoken to like that. Thought it was pretty standard for midwives to listen to the heartbeat at 16 weeks. Mine did every time I saw them from 16 weeks onwards.

Let us know the outcome of the complaint xxxx

Hi all, midwife wouldn't do doppler so we hired one and I'm pleased as punch to say babyM's hearbeat is nice and strong :dance:

Thats terrible im glad that you reported her! If that where true why have a scan? why would they let you see the baby - that would upset me more! Midwifes should know how scary a first pregnancy is without saying things like that! x

that is honestly shocking! I cannot believe she said that to you!

Dont let her worry or upset you the stupid woman.

I would definately make a complaint... as formally as possible. Im honestly so shocked i cannot believe she said that!

Nobody should be spoken to like that.

I hope you are well taken care of for the rest of you pregnancy sweet... dont be afraid to speak up.

Super pleased that you got to listen to the hearbeat though... Its a beautiful sound isnt it!

xx

Last edited:
WTF, thats so awful. I was discusted when I read that. Hope she gets the sack, and both me and someone I know heard heartbeat at 16 weeks so I dunno why she was so cruel :( I hope your feeling less upset now but you'll never forget x

Hi, being able to listen to the heartbeat is so fantastic! And I have my 20wk scan 2wks today so get to see baby soon too :-D x

She obviously doesn't love her job :lol:
Definitely report her, silly bitch. xxx

ohhh how exciting!

its amazing to see how they grow. good luck for your scan.
x

sorry to add my comment, but that's disgusting. what a heartless cow she sounds! Bang out of order!!!!!!... I feel so sad for you!

That is absolutely appalling! I am a midwife and when I hear things like this it males me feel sick an completely ashamed of some of the professionals who act like this. I am so sorry she spoke to you like that, it is disgraceful and completely unacceptable, if I were you I would definitely complain. If not just for you but for other women who may go through a similar experience with her. She obviously does not enjoy her job. I would always listen in at 16 weeks if mum wanted me to but just try and explain that it is common not to hear baby at this stage if baby has it's back turned or is in an awkward position, therefore giving the woman the choice as to whether or not she wants to try and listen, or wait until she is further along. On behalf of my profession I am extremely sorry and I promise you that there are good midwives out there :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back