15 week midwife appointment - teeny bit worried

maybebaby

Reaction score
I saw the midwife today, and she couldn't find the heartbeat :? She said baby's still small and could be hiding, and also said that her doppler is a bit old so she wasn't worried but wants me to go back next week with a full bladder to see if we can find it then.

Has anyone else not heard the heartbeat by 15 weeks? I'm trying not to worry because I'm sure the midwife would have sent me to the hospital if she thought something was wrong, but I've now got it in the back of my mind that the worst has happened...

hun my midwife couldnt find christophers till i was gone 16 weeks and then she struggled as he was hiding away :hug: try not to worry xxxxxx

I agree that if there was anything to worry about the Midwife wouldnt just send you home for a week hunny - i know its easier said than done not to worry but please try not to - baby is probably just playing hide and seek ;) :hug:

I wouldn't worry about it.

I had my 16 wk appointment this week but am actually 17 weeks and it took her about 5 minutes to find the heartbeat, it was there for a couple of seconds and then gone again and she couldn't get it back.

She told me it can be difficult to hear at this time.

Maybe you could get a doppler I have a mas one and could hear my lo at 11 weeks, you will have more time than the midwife to find it, just an idea.

Karen

If its an old dopler its quite likely its just not picking it up, mines a midwifes one but not the best and even now it can be difficult to keep it on her if she's moving or in a funny position and i know theres nothing wrong with her heart.

Im sure all is fine, you're midwife would probably be happy to leave it but has asked you back to put your mind at rest.

Thanks everyone. I'm sure it's fine and we'll hear him/her next week. :hug:

with all mine the m/w could'nt find the heartbeat till i was 16 weeks plus

aw try not to worry hun, my midwife wouldnt even attempt to find LO's heartbeat at my 16 week appointment cos she said it is hard to find early on and can cause unnecessary worry, im sure your LO in perfect in there, its still maybe just a bit early

:hug: :hug:

i've not heard it yet, not been offered. the woman who did my scan said she could see it beating but my mw hasn't tried to heart it yet.

I was spot on 13 weeks spot on and the midwife couldnt find the heartbeat on her old doppler i was really worried so bought my own (pink angel sounds ebay) i found it straight away.
Dont know if that helps or not but thought i would mention it :)

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

My midwife told me she would try and listen to the baby's heartbeat at my 16 week appt but warned me that she might not be able to find it coz its too early. I then told her I had been listening to it myself on my angelsounds doppler since 10 weeks and she was impressed! I wouldn't worry - I think they have crappy machines. You could always buy one from eBay - I think most people hear them at about 12 weeks with angelsounds ones xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back