what a s**t day

xxClaire_24xx

Reaction score
after being in the hospital myself from 12noon to 5om for my MRI results and my eye examination I got told that the clot of blood cells can be removed although there is a 50 50 chance that it will work ot I will lose all sight in the left eye or we can leave the clot and hope it doesnt burst, where I will again lose my sight the chance of it bursting is like 40% so its my desition

Anyway after that came home to a letter regarding Ellies last neonatal check that has got so many health problems on it we never even knew Ellie had.

1 being that her neck going to the side is actually a serious case of torticollis!!
2 the hip problem they think might be DDH is maybe actually hemihypertrphy of her right leg (wrong leg!!!) which means that she will prb need to have some of the bine removed rom her lower leg
3 she is severly low in iron and SHOULD have been referred for a blood transfusion where as we are led to believe we had 4 weeks (2 left) to up her levels then if they werent up we would consider a trasfusion

Honestly why can they tell you things in person rather in a letter :mad:

Hun that's so awful and disgusting not to tell u in person! Also really awful about your eye! Don't know what to say and I know I don't know u, but big mummy cuddled from one mummy to another! Try and keep your chin up for Ellies sake! Xxxx

Oh hon...big hugs...going through some of this stuff with my sister at the moment - she had a little girl in Jan who was starved of oxygen at birth and left with some problems including neck muscle spasms so I know how stressful these letters etc can be. Big hugs and hope ur ok. Sorry about ur eye too hon - what do u think u will do? x x x

Sorry to hear about your eye :( and poor Ellie! Why couldn't they ring and make a face to face appointment with you?? Disgusting :(

Oh poor you, you would think that they would talk to you so they could explain things and answer questions rather than just list things that are wrong.

Hi chick,
What a flipping carry on for you, with your eye and on top of that with ellie!!!! They should have rung you chick, letters can get lost in the post and all sorts, very bad on their part!!! And a tough decision to make regarding your eye. Thinking of you dear xxxx

Oh gosh what a lot of stresses for you. Really awful about your eye hon, hope you manage to make a decision. And poor Ellie, they should have a meeting rather than sending off letters. Hope the transfusion goes ok x

aw thanks girls had a crap nights sleep but decided I will leave the eye as it is til my next appointment in 6 month so thats away at the back of my mind forgot about (kind of)

as for Ellie I am going to call out family GP today and get and emergency appointment and tell him I want to know what he has in his notes about Ellie xx

Oh hon...big hugs...going through some of this stuff with my sister at the moment - she had a little girl in Jan who was starved of oxygen at birth and left with some problems including neck muscle spasms so I know how stressful these letters etc can be. Big hugs and hope ur ok. Sorry about ur eye too hon - what do u think u will do? x x x

aw hope your sisters little one is doing ok its shocking the care, or lack of it in some hospitals!!! Ellie stopped breathing for 1o mins day 3 in her incubator and they needed to give her oxygen and then they she was getting oxygen in her incubator for a nother couple of days but I also got told this is a letter only a couple of weeks ago we had no idea about it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back