What a joke!

kellysomer

Reaction score
Okay so i went to my doctor today in the hope they might shed some light on wether i am pregnant (i am still in denial) and if so when i might be due. The doctor although very nice had a quick feel of my tummy (rediculously quick) and asked about my periods (or lack of) stared at her screen for a bit and then said, 'it think you are probably pregnant!' i was gobsmacked was she guessing, i could have told her that! To say i am fuming is an understatement! What did she train for to tell people she's probably a GP. :rotfl: She guesses i am between 6 and 14 weeks pregnant (well that only half the whole bl**dy pregnancy then, that narrows it down)

I am disappointed and a bit annoyed at her lack of common sence and logic.

She didnt do a test either which amazes me as i could be making the whole thing up! (LOL i'm not)

At least she did say i could have a dating scan. I went afterwards to the local brithing centre and can have the same midwife as last time yay! Then are going to send me an appiontment for my booking in thingy and send for a dating scan. Does anyone know how long the dating scan will take to come through roughly?

I am now feeling like i should fake stomach pains just to get a scan to find out. I WANNA KNOW HOW PREG I AM!!!!!!!!!

I am so cross! Ok i feel better now..... :rotfl: :oops:

OMG what kind of doc is that! :shock:

Thats bad hun, i dont blame you for being angry, however im pleased you have got the same m/w this time, and can have a dating scan soon.

I think mine took a couple of weeks to come through, but it does depend on the area i think, i know that doesnt help, but at least you can hopefully get yourself dated soon.

take care hun :hug: :hug:

Oh bless you. That's rubbish isn't it!

Between 6 and 14 weeks. Wow! Helpful! Hopefully you will be able to get a scan REALLY quickly to put your mind at rest!

congratulations :clap: your dr sounds rubbish, there is a big difference between 6 and 14 weeks. you must be going out of your mind not knowing how far along you are. You should maybe phone the scan place up and tell them you r going out your mind not knowing how pregnant you r and see if there is any way they could scan u asap, worth a try.

Thanks guys!

i thought at 10 or 11 weeks your uterous popped up over your pelvic bone so surely that a cut off point for dates, obviously the doc didnt know what she was doing!

I want a dating scan now!!!! Think i'll put a ticker on for now the latest date she gave me, i want a ticker!!!!

I cant wait to have a scan, im so impatient.... :rotfl:

Ok i just got cheeky and it didn't work ha ha... i phoned my hospital and said i need to book in a dating scan asap please, got transferred and then got told GP has to do it :evil: she didnt tell me that! AND the wait is currently 4 weeks by the time the refferal gets accepted! :evil:

Now im angry and pregnant ahhhhhhhhh :evil:

Sod it im going to make up my own ticker.....

well.. most drs might have just made you an appointmet for the midwife and you would have had to have waited to see her.. then the scan..im sure it wont take long.. have you had a + preg test?

lol.. just saw your 1000 preg tests.. try not to stress.. yuo are preggo... and im sure your scan will be soon xx

Hope you get your scan date through soon babes. xx

My scan date only took a week to come through, mercifully.

If it's any consolation, my doctor refused to confirm my pregnancy as they don't even keep tests in the surgery! Seems a bit mad to me. What if you can't afford to take tests? Do you just wait until you feel something moving and miss all that antenatal care?

If you're over 8 weeks the doctor ought also to have been able to detect pregnancy via an internal examination because by this stage your cervix will have got firmer (Hegar's sign) so she could easily have gauged how far you were along by doing that. I think they just want to hurry people out of the surgery as quickly as possible, these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back