Went to the hospital last night...

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
...for our tour of the maternity unit and it was FAB! :dance:

When we got there I started to feel a bit anxious and queasy as it sort of hit me "OMG I'm going to have my baby here in a few weeks..." but the Midwife showing us around was lovely and made me feel a lot more relaxed. She kept saying how it was our experience and to enjoy it and that the MW's are there for us and to accommodate us with what we want :)

The rooms are gorgeous, the place is absolutely spotless and it just seems like a really nice, calm place to give birth. Al was really impressed too :) And they really advocate water births and have a fabulous pool (we couldn't see it as someone was in there) but she said it's not often in use and last night was the first time it had been in use (whilst doing a tour) since before Christmas, so hopefully I will be able to use it :yay: And she said if you go in the pool and want to get out and go to a room or have drugs, it's fine - she more or less said you can do & have what you want!

I do need to take in nappies etc but they said if they run out there are bits there that we can use. And they also provide formula but as I'm planning to breastfeed hopefully we won't need that.

Am so excited now - going to finish packing my bags today just in case LO decides to put in an early appearance x

Dont scare me like that... saw the title and panicked lol :)

Glad everything went well and that your happy with your hospital.. :) great news about the pool, i want to go in the pool, so hope its available when i go in.

xx

aw thats great that you got to see it all, it must be really reassuring, especially knowing you will be able to have the pool if thats what you want!

I'm a bit put out that my hospital dont do tours (hygiene reasons apparantly!!) so I wont see it at all until I am actually in labour so its all a bit of an unknown frightening thing, I have no idea of where to go or what facilities they have!!!! :confused:

Ahh sounds lovely, i phoned up and booked mine the other day for a few weeks time! Think it is going to make it all feel very real!

Dont scare me like that... saw the title and panicked lol :)

Glad everything went well and that your happy with your hospital.. :) great news about the pool, i want to go in the pool, so hope its available when i go in.

xx

Sorry hun :blush: You will be the first to know if I do go in for labour-related reasons ;-) x

very misleading thread title jen lol!!

glad u went and all looks good :)

xx

Omg you scared me with the title!! Lmao. aww that's fab news, I need to sort my tour out, I really want a water birth too but we will see when the time comes.... been as a blood test can make me cry I'm not really cut out for squeezing a baby out... lmao but too late now just have to put a sock in it and deal with it :) good luck to you... i hope you get to use the pool xx

I'm pissed off my hospital's birthing pool out of order to the "hygene reasons re drainage" feckity feck - no epidual and now no pool!!! At least they have a bath in each room - if I can climb in and out......

...for our tour of the maternity unit and it was FAB! :dance:

When we got there I started to feel a bit anxious and queasy as it sort of hit me "OMG I'm going to have my baby here in a few weeks..." but the Midwife showing us around was lovely and made me feel a lot more relaxed. She kept saying how it was our experience and to enjoy it and that the MW's are there for us and to accommodate us with what we want :)

The rooms are gorgeous, the place is absolutely spotless and it just seems like a really nice, calm place to give birth. Al was really impressed too :) And they really advocate water births and have a fabulous pool (we couldn't see it as someone was in there) but she said it's not often in use and last night was the first time it had been in use (whilst doing a tour) since before Christmas, so hopefully I will be able to use it :yay: And she said if you go in the pool and want to get out and go to a room or have drugs, it's fine - she more or less said you can do & have what you want!

I do need to take in nappies etc but they said if they run out there are bits there that we can use. And they also provide formula but as I'm planning to breastfeed hopefully we won't need that.

Am so excited now - going to finish packing my bags today just in case LO decides to put in an early appearance x

what hospital are you giving birth in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back