• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Went to A and E last night :O(

Urchin

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you all know Brody had his first trip to A and E last night.

He's been poorly for a few days, including high temp and vomiting. He seemed to be on the mend, but then a rash appeared on his arm. It looks like he'd had a a splash of boiling water tipped on him, it was bright red and blotchy, and a bit raised.
Anyway that was on Sunday, the rash disapeared after an hour or so. Then on Monday I noitced the same marks again, this time on his other arm. It was really weird.
Again, the rash went away after about an hour.

Last night i was undressing him and another lot of the rash, much bigger this time, had come up on his upper arm, and a very slight mottley rash over his tummy and back.

The pic doesn't show it very well, but it was very red and sore looking.

9418824959ea53f931bc5345cbdfb05ed53f3b74e07b2c110f00b751.jpg

I looked on the nhsdirect website and it said a "bright red, irregular shaped rash that comes and goes on the arms or legs" could be a sign of a blood infection.

Well you can imagine that made me feel better
:shock:

I didn't take much time to decide I wasn't happy with it, and took him to A and E. I was just thinking I would be up all night worrying and checking on him, and if the rash got worse I could end up driving to A and E at 3am or something.

It turned out he has had a reaction to a virus, so nothing much can be done about it, exept to keep and eye, and give him piriton if it flares up again. He seems to be perking up a bit :)

Oh poor Brody! Its scary isn't it? Leorah had to stay in hospital Friday night with a virus and she's still not well. The other day I kept undressing her because she seemed so ill I kept checking for a rash. It would be much easier if the y could tell us where it hurts :)

Poor Brody, hope hes feeling better! It looks very similer to something Jess had when she was a toddler, she looked like i'd tipped boiling water all over her, it was every where. GP thought it was scarlet fever but it turned out to be an allergic reaction, what to i'll never know. They really know how to scare us don't they!

:hug: poor brody. glad he's perking up a bit.
xx

poor little pudding! poor you too must have been scary :hug:

xxxx

poor little brody..that looks sore if i saw that i think i'd have really panicked!! hope he feels better soon..awww poor little man :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back