Well it looks like a c section for me**update 1st post***

angiemum2b

Reaction score
been back to midwife to confirm that baby luci is still transverse lie. :wall:

Ive got a scan booked for wednesday afternoon and a ante natal appointment straight after to discuss the scan and give me options. :( :(
But all in all my midwife says it's looking like a section :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I wanted a natural birth i defin didn't want a c section! :cry: :cry: :cry:

well i had my scan today and baby is head down and 4/5 engaged.!!! im so happy its unreal, the doctor said that everything looked fine and she was estimated weight 7lb 1oz already so i might have another whopper on the way who knows. im just happy i can go natural!!!!!

Thank you everyone that was reasuring me things would be fine, i just worked myself up too much sometimes. :wall:

Oh no, but theres still time yet you never know she may still turn do the positions to get them to move from back to back work the same for transverse lie :think: perhaps lots of on all fours etc might make her do a last minute turn will keep everything crossed for you!! :pray: :hug: :hug:

aww hun :hug: hope she turns and you can have your natural birth :hug:

Hope he turns for you hun...
:hug:
If its any consolation, i ended up with an emergency c-sec, didn't really want one, but it was fine! A planned one will be even calmer! Plus points are....no wounds or stretching down there :oops: , u can be waited on for a while!! And recovery isn't as bad or as long as they make out... i was back to normal driving about after 4 weeks!!
Best of luck whatever happens :hug:

I know its hard when it isn't the start in life you envisaged for your baby but like Anna I had an emergency section and even tho it wasn't my ideal it was still a lovely experience.

I hope you get your natural birth but if you don't try not to be too dissapointed. Instead ask what your options are for making sure you have a lovely birth. :hug:

I hope you get the birth you want but just wanted to say that my elective section 3 weeks ago was a calm, positive experience and my recovery has been great..and i have a toddler too like yourself but its honestly been fine. Good luck hun. :hug:

:hug: A couple of things;

A) She might still move! Here's hoping :pray:
B) Even if you have to have a C-section, there are loads of pros to it! You know the date (and approx time) that madam will arrive, so you can be prepared. You don't have to go through the stages of labour and the pain. God, I could list loads!

I know it's not the outcome you wanted, but these things happen :hug: It's a bugger, but try to keep hope that she'll turn xx

thanks for all the lovely messages ladies, well ive spent most of last night thinking about it.

ive got my scan tomorrow at 3.30 so i suppose we'll just go from there.

my daughter is already playing up before she's bloody arrived :doh: :doh:

Aww don't give up hope :hug:

Have you tried rocking on all fours? Or bouncing on a birthing ball?

He he - I think thats girls for you.

No seriously I hope she moves round :D :D

There is some stuff in Ina May Gaskin - Spiritual Midwifery and in Guide to Childbirth about how to turn a tranverse baby... goodluck and hope that c-section isn't necessary :hug: x x x

Mildly said:
Aww don't give up hope :hug:

Have you tried rocking on all fours? Or bouncing on a birthing ball?

ive tried all the remedies that i can do from the net the only one i haven't done is the webster one.

was speaking to my mum last night who said i was a transverse baby who also didn't want to turn at all they even tried EVC and i still turned back!!! :wall: like mother like daughter :lol: :lol:

I suppose i just have to wait and see will let you all know once ive got back from scan tomorrow.

If she's still transverse they will offer you a ecv where theyr turn the baby. Plus even if you decide on a section they scan you again before going in and if she's turned you can still pull out.

I had a section with Dafydd as he was breech and it was soo calm.Good luck.

fingers croissed baby moves for you hon, you still have a few weeks so with any luck!!

x

Good luck at your scan today hun :hug: Got everything crossed for you! :pray: xx

Really hope baby turns for you. I'm in the same situation as you, baby is transverse and am looking at a c-section which I really don't want. I want a natural birth as with my first but baby is not showing any signs of moving yet.

We still have time though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back