Weight Gaining help please!

xXxBonnyxXx

Reaction score
Girls I need to put on weight.
I am currently just under 9 1/2 stone but I am nearly 6ft tall.

I have been told yesterday that I have a BMI of 17 and that ideally I should have a bmi of around 20-21.

I eat like a horse but always try to eat healthy foods

Has anyone got any tips on how to gain weight without it all sitting on my bum and hips?!

I am having bloods done to check my thyroid too - and I'm trying to eat as much as I can, but nothing seems to help!

There are special weight gain drinks you can buy from holland and Barrett etc. Hopefully that'll help a bit xx

Ooohhh I'll have a look at them at the weekend then! Maybe them on top of the food I'm eating will help the pounds pile on!

Wouldn't it be great if you could choose where to add the weight! I'd gain it on my stomach, my ribs, my arms and definately my boobs!
Wouldn't want anymore going onto my bum or legs though!

Ooohhh I'll have a look at them at the weekend then! Maybe them on top of the food I'm eating will help the pounds pile on!

Wouldn't it be great if you could choose where to add the weight! I'd gain it on my stomach, my ribs, my arms and definately my boobs!
Wouldn't want anymore going onto my bum or legs though!

Haha I'm the opposite all my weight gain is on my arms,back,tummy and I would rather is it was a bit more porpotioned as my hips and bum stay normal! Lol

Write a food diary for a week to see exactly what to eating and how many calories you get ad then the next just add an extra snack or a meal with more calories in it

Yeah a food diary might help!

I roughly have the same amount of food each day,

2 hot cross buns for mid morning snack
3 wholemeal rolls with ham/chicken, and a packet of crisps for lunch
2 probiotic yoghurt drinks
snacks of garibaldi biscuits during the day
main evening meal - some form of meat with either pasta or potatoes and veg or beans
evening snack of chocolate or biscuits

around 5 cups of tea plus 5 glasses of water per day.

Now how do I work out the calories?!

I do not excercise really either - I walk the dog in the evening but thats only a leisurley walk to the park and back.

At weekends I will go out to the cafe once for a full fry up and normally have take away or eat out on at least one of the nights!

With the calories you need to work them put for what is on the packaging of all your food under kcal - in general women should be having 1500 calories a day if you wanted to gain weight you just eat a bit more than that! There are websites that can help you with how many calories are in what types of food!

It sounds like you have a healthy eating regime maybe you just need to vary it slightly!

I find food diaries really help when I'm trying to loose weight so I reckon it could work the other way :)

Build-Up drinks can be bought in Boots/Superdrug etc or Complan is also found in most Supermarkets.

My family have used them a lot in times when we've been caring for elderly relatives, Mum used to be a Nursing Home Matron so when her Mum was in her last six months we moved her in with us :)

Last edited:
i found the the build up drinks and stuff like that dont work for me :( not even having 4 kids has helped me gain any weight

I do not excercise really either - I walk the dog in the evening but thats only a leisurley walk to the park and back.

At weekends I will go out to the cafe once for a full fry up and normally have take away or eat out on at least one of the nights!

You might want to try exercising a bit :). I know it's a bit counter intuitive since lots of people exercise to lose weight but my husband and I always gain weight when we start exercising after a long break. For one thing, a 15 min jog every day will do wonders for your appetite, and the weight you put on will be healthier as its muscle as well, not just fat. :D

You don't eat breakfast? That will help as it kicks starts your digestive system, even if it's only a piece of toast or small bowl of cereal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back