Weight Gain in Pregnancy

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
Ok, so far I have gained approx 12lbs since the beginning of my pregnancy. I dont want to become obssessed with my weight but at the same time I dont want to become seriously overweight as last time I found it incredibly difficult to lose the extra weight I had gained.

So by week 16 does anyone think that this amount of weight gain is ok? Or should I start to watch it a bit more carefully? I know I need to cut out more chocolate expecially munching in the evening :roll: and perhaps I ought to start using my exercise bike a bit more too - best laid plans and all that..:wall2:

I would appreciate your comments, thanks everyone :flower:

Most things I've read say about 2-5 Ibs in the first trimester and then up to 2lbs per week in the 2nd and 3rd. So if you're 16 weeks, then 5 +2 + 2 + 2 is 11 lbs so 12 lbs seems about right? I think you'd have to take into account your weight before pregnancy too though? Although I have also read that normal not to put any weight on in first trimester due to sickness etc so hard to know really whats what!

I'm 14+2 weeks and have put on 1.5 lbs so far... I've got heavier every day this week so am hoping that's my weight going up now..

Hmmm id say im about the same as u hun. i didnt really know my starting weight before the pregnancy but mine is roughly that too xx

Hi Rosie, try this http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/

I tried it for me, you add in you pre pregnancy weight and your height and it estimates the weight you will put on , and what that is made up from, eg boobs, uterus etc and then the same for the baby

It said I would put on approx 2st 2lbs which is about right, I am the same weight as I was before all of my others as I seem to 1.5 stone always sit around 10 stone, and I put on 1.5 st with two of them and 2 stone with my middle baby, so seems to match up ok.

Give it a try and let us know if it is ok for you?

i think ive put on around the same 2 be honest. but i ma kinda taking advantage of bein able to eat what i want and using the baby as an excuse!

This is what the calculator said: You will probably gain 1 st 11.0 lbs - 2 st 7 lbs during your pregnancy.

Thanks for that link JJ's Mum, it was really useful. I can use this as a guide now :)

I have just wieghed myself and I have put on half a stone exactly! xxxxxx

I think it levels out over the whole pregnancy TBH. I seemed to get big really quick this time and I havent put anything on since Christmas week now. I weigh less than I did with Hebe but I am MUCH bigger! I wouldnt take too much notice. So long as you know you're not eating for 2 which isn't necessary, you'll be fine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back