• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight gain in babies

SKR_Derby

Reaction score
Jovan is 11 weeks 3 days today and I went to have him weighed at the clinic as it's been a while since his last one. He weighs 11lb 5oz. His last weigh in was at 7 weeks old and was 10lb 3oz so he hasn't put on a huge amount. When the HV plotted on the graph it seems that he is fallen below the line he was following. The HV wasn't concerned but looked a but puzzled tbh. She asked me questions about his feeding pattern and whether he brings up milk, he has about 5oz of milk about every 3 hours but sometimes leaves about 1oz (i know most babies his age to have about 6oz). He does occasionally bring up curdled milk but no more than the average baby.

She said that it wasnt essential but if it helped put my mind at ease I could take him to the doctors so that they can prescribe Jovan some gaviscon to help stop bringing up the milk. She has asked me to come back in 2 weeks to have him weighed again and see if there is an improvement.

Just to add, I have changed his milk today from cow & gate to SMA to see whether that suits him better and if it helps him put weight on as i've heard it's richer and thicker.

Has anyone else experienced this with their baby, and has switching formula helped with weight increase?

Well Tegan was 8lb 1oz at birth and 2 weeks ago at 17 weeks she was 12lb 14oz so gained weight very slowly! she went through a stage where it took her 4 weeks to gain 13oz! Im sure he's fine Hun xx

Lizzie was 10lb 3oz at 5 weeks and 11lb 5oz at 10 weeks, so a week 'behind' in weight gain compared to Jovan. TBH I'm not worried as she's happy and alert, but will probably get her weighed again Monday (at 12 weeks 1 day) to see if she's gained any more. She's breastfed so there's not a lot I can do really, she just feeds when she wants!
Try not to worry :)

My HV told me when i was a lil concerned shed only put on 4oz in a week that when they get a bit older 10wks+ they start to get more wiggly n active so they burn it off quicker than they put it on in the first few weeks,

Iv changed lil ones milk a few wks ago from aptamil to cow & gate and since then shes not put on as much weight but is steadily still goin up, try not to worry and at least there takin an interest n tryin to help u n not egnorin u :)
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back