weighing yourself..

titch

Reaction score
.. is anyone doing this? Good idea or bad? I have a massive urge to weigh myself today, havent done it since I discovered I lost weight and that was a month ago I think. Not sure if it will just upset me cos Im bound to have gained some weight :roll:

I wouldn't bother chick. Your bound to gain weight in pregnancy but you shouldn't worry too much about it until after the birth. My consultant weighs me and kicks my ass for my weight but i don't really care, i'll worry about it later xx

no way. i DO NOT want to know at allllllllllllllll ;)

Do not weigh yourself - usually we weigh ourselves to keep a check on our weight and to see if we need to lose any. Also we all know we like to weigh and remain between between certain measures. So, when you are pregnant that is still in your mind, we're not pregnant all our lives so we're not used to gaining weight so quickly. Dont forget that the weight you gain is not ALL fat, it is extra blood, water, BOOBS!, placenta and of course baby!

Dont get yourself down hun, just enjoy being preggers xxx

I really was about to do it when I realised our scales have been tidied up by OH. God only knows where they'll turn up!

the last time i went on the scales were the other dayan ive put on few pounds :O lol nearly died haha
although i no its all for bby an the baby needs alot of nutritiants so im happy but also cant believe ive put on lol.
the time before that i had lost the weight due to sickness an since sickness has stopped ive piled on cos im eating more haha,
the next time ill be weighed is in 2 weeks with the consultant lol x

I have weighed myself. Not because im worried about it, just because im curious! xxx

I did it...

I havent gained a pound so Im still 2 pounds lighter than when I was first weighed in at my 12 week scan.:dance:

to be honest I dont deserve it at all, Ive eaten chocolate, lollies, chocolate icecream, full sugar coke and lemonade. I cant get enough sugar to be honest! I NEVER allow myself to have anything with refined sugar apart from once per month when I allow myself a guilt free dairy milk bar! But now, Im just eating what I want, which is sugar sugar sugar. My OH and i made muffins last week too. The world makes no sense!

1lb - i can't believe it - no way am i going to weigh myself now!

it doesnt make sense to be honest. Im not gonna complain, all my life ive fought with my weight, if Im gonna be one of those people who inexplicably lose weight eating chips and cream cakes, Im happy to roll with it!

You are time enough weighing yourself after bub when you start trying to shift the baby weight :) Enjoy being able to stuff your faces and have an excuse :lol:xx

You are time enough weighing yourself after bub when you start trying to shift the baby weight :) Enjoy being able to stuff your faces and have an excuse :lol:xx

sooo true! i haven't weighed myself at alll.. APART from other day 'cause we were messing about on wii fit.. i have gained a stone and a half!! lol. but i knew it was gonna be that or even worse.. my boobs have gone like ten sizes up and bump is MASSIVE. but you know what i don't caaaare i'm pregnant and want to eat everything while i can! then after baby i can eat healthy with Riley because i don't want a bad diet with kiddy about! plus it's not as if you can exercise much while pregnant so just think of it like that tiny :D

xxx

:yay: Exactly, enjoy it.. And don't let it play on your minds.. You are pregnantttt lol xx

yeah very true enjoy it while you can lol

i weigh myself everyday only because i have scales in my toilet and its got quite a habit now lol but i have gained like 2 or 3 pound which is quite average as i am only 13 weeks hehe

I think Im just obsessing about it cos at my 12 week scan they do your BMI and they told me mine was 31 and Ive known I have been overweight since I was a teenager but I've never been in the obese category before. They made a big fuss over it and it seriously upset me. They invited me to free slimming world classes and made me have a glucose tollerance test.

I was gutted cos I work so hard on my weight, I never eat biscuits, crisps, we have meat n 2 veg every night, Ive always loved fruit so thats nothing hard for me, and I always have sugar free drinks or just water, all except a glass of fruit juice per day. I never buy white bread.... I dunno over the years Ive just developed all these habits as part of my life, and then about 2-3 times a year I try and diet too. I felt like they were treating me like someone who has kebabs for dinner everynight. Its not like im not aware, nay desparate!

So by the time I was 15 weeks I got weighed again because I had the downs syndrome screen and I had lost weight making my BMI 30 (although she wouldnt let me take my boots off and at home Id weighed myself and my BMI was 29) but they didnt bat an eyelid and wouldnt change my BMI category on my notes. grrrrr. They've given me this leaflet about the dangers of obesity in pregnancy and how important it is that I dont gain too much weight during my pregnancy, but theres no guideline for how much is too much and noone will tell me. I asked how I was doing at my last midwife appointment and she told me not to worry about it. Good grief people! So since then I thought sod it, and have been craving loads of sugar so Ive gone for it! Really thought I wouldve gained like a stone, Im sure if Id eaten like this pre-pregnancy I wouldve gained a stone, Ive been known to gain 15 pounds in a week on holiday!

rant rant rant. SOrry bout that! But I just feel like i cant really eat what I want just cos Im pregnant, my leaflet says pregnancy "is not an excuse" I just wish they'd be more specific about what Im supposed to do!

aw hun how horrible, the doctors/mw's don't sound like they're boosting your confidence much! it's not fair how it sounds like they are speaking down to you and you should complain i reckon! 'cause they're supposed to make you feel at the most ease as it's their job even if you weren't pregnant!

your habits and diets sound completely fine to me and A LOT better than mine! i give in to self indulgence way too easily because the only weight i ever put on is around my boobs and hips so i'm pretty lucky (except for heavy chest, walk around like hunchback! lmao) and just because you've had a crazy sugar fix it really is fine! you're pregnant and maybe it's not an excuse to eat everything, but remember you are eating for two and everytime you eat anything your baby is draining the nutrients out of you so maybe for you sugar is keeping you more awake!

for my first couple months of pregnancy i had really bad morning sickness and couldn't eat anything so lost loads of weight! but now i'm normal and have appetite back and i love eating! just can't have big meals.. usually snacky type foods. i dunno if it's good or not.. but i always get told by my various mums.. (ones my OH's that i inherited, lol!) is just eat like 5 small meals a day.. and if you just want crackers and cheese it's fine, and then if you want a kebab at 2 o clock in the morning that's fine too!!

i am just rambling now but i really hope you feel better.. and maybe ask for different midwife or something 'cause the way they speaking to you sounds appauling!! xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back