• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wedding rings

Prettypee

Reaction score
I'm devastated. I'm 25 weeks and can officially no longer wear my wedding rings. I can't even force them on. I am so upset about it, i have not having a ring on that finger - I don't want to be seen without them. Is anybody else struggling with this?

Ack sweetheart, just remember it's only temporary. Baby will be here in no time and you will be wearing them again. Hate when I forget to put mine on though lol I always feel so bare without my wedding band on. :(

I'm getting there pretty pea :-( still on at the mo but it's a real struggling getting them on and off...I very nearly didn't get the. Back on the other day.
My engagement ring is a size bigger than my wedding ring, so I might get away with just one, but I know how you must feel about not having them at all, it feels horrible them not being there.

I know it's not the same, but could you buy yourself a cheap dress ring and band that's big just so you feel like you've got something there, just as a temporary measure...I'm always surprised at how lovely some of the costume jewlery rings in places like M&S look, like they could be engagement rings!
I know it won't be "yours" but it might make you feel better than having nothing on at all!? X

I'm near on having to take mine off- it's starting to dig in :-(

Cause we're swelling up! X

Could you get a second hand/cheap one to wear for the rest of the pregnancy? I know it's not the same, but at least your have something on the finger so you didn't keep noticing the empty space.

Not got this problem yet! My hands and feet seriously swelled up after giving birth though! I was so happy when my hands slimmed back down to put my rings back on.

Another fun perk of being pregnant... boo

Oohh prettypee I've had my wedding band on a necklace for the past couple of weeks, it's gutting. Engagement ring is still on as it's slightly bigger but I take it off as soon as I get home now. Someone at work asked me last week if I wasn't married and I nearly burst out crying. Hubs said he'll buy me a cheap band to wear for rest of pregnancy but probs won't bother. I'm not even that swollen but my wedding band is all diamonds and would be ruined if I had to have it cut off xxx

My calves and fingers seem to have fallen prey to swelling my feet and ankle are ok atm. Not all women do get effected but I guess I was one of the not so lucky ones.

Think I'll buy a cheap cubic zirconia just to keep some form of sparkle on my finger. With 3 months left to go i feel I can't just put up with it. Doesn't help that I look ten years younger either :(

There was a swarovski ring I asked OH for but he said he had my present already ( i think it's a watch which is a terrible choice as he knows I hate wearing stuff on my wrist, i think he thinks I'll appreciate it when the baby is here as I will have to look at my phone for the time...he didn't think it through :( )

I was about 25 weeks last time when I stopped wearing mine. This time I'm heavier than I was when I fell pregnant last time anyway, but I also seem to be puffing up earlier this time. So I haven't had my rings on for a few weeks.

After four kids my mum was never able to get her wedding ring back on, couldn't even get it extended cos it was engraved inside, so in the end she bought a new one!

I don't think oh would be pleased if I had to buy a new one - mine are Tiffany and he had to save a long time for it- no way I could afford that. I think a strict post pregnancy diet is in order

Is the opposite way normal? I don't know if it's cause the twins are taking more from me etc but has anyone's hands went 'down' like my jewellery is falling off my fingers feel thinner which makes no sence to me lol I'm literally just bump and boobs but when I had my little girl I swelled up !

I havent taken mine off and dont think i could if i wanted to right now!

I have just ordered myself a pair of shoes to wear over christmas and ordered a size too big, i just hope they fit as the only ones that do now are the old comfy faithfuls. :/

I havent taken mine off and dont think i could if i wanted to right now!

I have just ordered myself a pair of shoes to wear over christmas and ordered a size too big, i just hope they fit as the only ones that do now are the old comfy faithfuls. :/

By the time I was 36 weeks with my son the only shoes that would fit were a pair of ugg boots that were two sizes bigger than usual! Luckly it was a cold winter and still freezing when I had him in March!

Oh and with my mum, it was even after getting back to pre pregnancy size! Her feet and hands never went back to normal! Really hope it doesn't happen to me, but I'm not planning on any more after this one!

My calves and fingers seem to have fallen prey to swelling my feet and ankle are ok atm.

I'm exactly the same prettypea...went to put some winter knee high boots on the other week and couldn't get them round my calves, I was devastated! I had to go and buy some wide fitting ones!

Sorry, I can't remember, do you know the gender of your bub? I read an old wives tales saying that swelling legs meant a boy....I'm team yellow so was just wondering if there could be any truth in it?

x

Last edited:
I bought a cheap wedding band cause I kept panicking that they weren't.there, thinking I lost them before I go remembered. Id be gutted to have to go get new ones regardless.of price or where they are bought from its more the sentiment that matters and it'd be a shame. Lucky mine fitted few again days post birth

This is a shame :( just one of those things...

I think I would wear a favourite pendant that hubby gave me instead every day - just to remind me that I'm still his and he is still mine. It doesn't matter that much if it's a ring or some other object that is special for you! X

Dodsy apparently I'm having a boy, and have no swelling in my legs yet... And didn't have any when I was expecting my first son either x

Dodsy apparently I'm having a boy, and have no swelling in my legs yet... And didn't have any when I was expecting my first son either x

I think you either swell when youre pregnant or you don't, it's one of those things. Last time my feet and legs were really bad, and I had a boy. This time I'm puffing up earlier, but had totally different symptoms other than that to when I had my son so who knows?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back