• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weaning.

x-Hannah-x

Reaction score
What's your opinion on when to start weaning?

Don't want to cause any arguments or anything but I'm thinking of starting to wean Amelia as soon as she's 17 weeks, I think it's the right decision to do because she's having 8oz bottles and still doesn't seem satisfied after them and I think she's ready.

i think it personal choice hun im going for 6months baby led weaning but my dd was done at 3months as was the norm back then go with what you feel comfortable with

I started weaning my daughter at 3months! Started on yogurts, baby rice at 4minths then toast and carrot sticks etc at 6months

will be doing baby led weaning, when baby is able to pick up a piece of banana or cooked carrot or whatever and eat it, that is when they are ready... it doesnt matter what age they are really (after about 4.5months i would say) but they are the best judges of when they are ready and being able to put food into their mouths and swallow it is the best way of working it out...

So when Jasper can hold his head up and sit up properly, he will sit on my lap while i eat and can help himself when he is ready, probably after six months i will start giving him 'meals' though they will be actual foods not purees that he can help himself too

We've just started on puree in the last few days on advice from the HV and my sister (a dietitian) as Ross has now dropped two centiles on the weight charts. He's really sicky on milk and brings a third to half of it back up. He seems to be able to hold the puree down a bit better so hopefully he'll get the extra calories he needs. He doesn't seem to like baby rice very much!

i started katie at 11 weeks, cos she was proper starving! just gave her baby rice til she was 16 weeks when she started having fruit and veg and then meat i introduced after 6 months! ella was nearly 6 months, she just wasnt ready til then! every babys different!

I havent started weaning yet but deffinatly thinking about it. Shes 12 weeks now. She just doesnt seem content with her feeds anymore. Im getting her weighed next week and seeing how that is. Shes been slowly dropping onto the 9th centile so if she drops onto it and still isnt happy with her milk then I think baby rice might be making an appearance.

Zach really struggles with his 6oz bottles, so I don't think he will be ready for solids for a while yet. I think it just depends on the baby, sounds like Amelia could be ready. Maybe you could try the hungry milk in the meantime to satisfy her until she is 17weeks. My HV told me the other day that the government advice on weaning may be changing to 4 months! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back