Weaning equipment

Browneyed Girl

Reaction score
My lo will be 6 months next week and I haven't bought a single thing for weaning! I haven't got a clue where to start or how much I need to buy. I've seen the Nuby Garden Fresh Mash n Steam - is it worth buying? I don't want to spend a fortune on stuff I don't need. Can you tell me what you recommend and what works best for you? x

Have got the nuby set you mentioned. Love it is a great wee masher - the bowl has grooves in it so I mash berries to mix in the porridge and makes them a great consistency. Tbh I mash most of her food in it - so you can control the consistency of the food you are offering. At first you want to provide quite smooth textures and gradually build up to more lumpy.

Is good to get weaning spoons, a sippy cup (offer water with meals), and maybe little storage boxes so you can make some food in bulk and store in fridge/freezer. Ohhhh and you will need big bibs!! Or else your babies clothes may be destroyed lol!

Have fun and enjoy. Is a really fun stage x

Baby spoons, bowls, pots for batch cooking and freezing, masher and hand blender (Argos one for a fiver works just as well as a machine for a fraction of the cost!).

We did baby led weaning so only needed plates bowls and spoons and a sippy cup, but we also stocked up on various small sized storage pots for taking snacks out and about and for storing meals in the fridge. We also got a nuby ice lolly mould which was great for making tiny fruit puree lollies in the warmer weather.

Ive bought a vonshef baby good maker, it steams and blends the food for you in one! It was only £20 xxx

I did BLW and really have needed nothing at all aside from a highchair with a tray, bowls, plates and spoons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back