Going Swimming

Rachel1509

Reaction score
Got nothing planned and just thought I might take Noah to the swimming baths for the very first time!

I haven't considered it before so I haven't got any equipment for it, can anyone list what I need to go and buy? I know I'll need swim nappies, but can someone tell me what else I'll need so I don't forget owt!

Swim nappies
Costume (I got mine from tesco)
A couple of towels for baby
I got a float thingy cos I'm worried she'll slip out of my arms - they sell them in poundstretcher for £5 instead of the 15 I paid for a zoggs one.
Take someone with you!!! It's a challenge on your own!

This is probably a stupid question, but do little boys just wear their swim nappy?

And where else can I get a float thing for Noah? I dont live anywhere near a Pound Stretcher :(

You could get one of those little sun outfits that shields from UV or a proper wetsuit but I'm not sure where you would buy one of those locally.

You can get a floaty seat from the pool but they are a bit expensive x

Hey chick,
We love swimming. We have been doing lessons every week since last Sept (when LO was around 6 months), hes so confident in the water now I would most def recommend it!
I take the pram (car seat when he was small). So you have somewhere to put LO before and after the swim (line it with a towel, before you go in the pool). Towels, swimming nappy, swimming trunks, my cossie (which I wear to the pool) and your usual bag with your wipes, nappies etc in.
How did you get on today chick? xxxxxx

Last edited:
I got Harry an all in one outfit to wear from mothercare just as an added later as they can get cold so the extra layer is good.

When we went I got myself ready at home and put my clothes on top and did the same for Harry (wasn't sure on facilities and how I'd manage so wanted to be as prepared as possible)

Def need 2 towels and I'd take one of them poolside so you can wrap baby up as soon as you get out xxx

Thanks for the replies! I backed out and didn't go! I wasn't prepared enough and decided it would be better to go when I actually knew what I needed and felt more confident about it! Next few weeks I'm gonna take him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back