Weaning Advice

Tasha89

Reaction score
Started Evelyn on purees about a week ago now after failing at BLW - all is fine but she wont take ANYTHING savoury at all!
She'll quite happily eat the puddings or fromage frais though...she'll even feed herself breadsticks.
I've read that as Breastmilk is naturally sweet it's not unusual for babies to refuse non sweet foods but what do you do? Any advice would be great :)
I tried her on sweet squash and chicken the other day which I thought she'd take but that was spat back out like everything else...

No advice really, have u tried sweet potato, if she like it, maybe start adding things to it like peas, or lentils? X

I could of written that exact post when Emily started weaning. I was so worried about it I asked my HV! it just takes time. Emily would only have sweet stuff and I tried all kinds if "sweet savories" and she wouldn't have any of it!

I know it's really frustrating but just stick with it. She will take it eventually. I asked my HV if she refused savoury should I just not give her anything else? She said to just give her something sweet as her getting used to solids is the most important thing, no matter what it is.

Hope this helps xxxx

I was in tesco yesterday and saw Heinz do a jar of cheesy parsnip and apple combo - might be a start for her!

Think she perfers to feed herself lol! She had some grilled chicken and brocolli other day and had a good munch! Think i'm gonna play it by ear. The sweet foods she has are only fruit purees so she's getting goodness from it anyway.

H loves the organix fruit purees - there on a deal in asda at the mo 3 packs for £4 (12 tubs in total)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back