We were trying for over a year... Im pregnant... because....

JulieP

Reaction score
Hi... I have been on websites like this for over a year while my husband and I were trying... we BD'd every day, every other day, when we thought i was ovulating because of temps and cm's
anyway i was getting very concerned and then on some advise ffrom a friend I bought a Persona contractive machine... it is expensive to start - about £65 for the machine from Boots, and £8 a month for the sticks tho the first months sticks come with the machine
You basically have to pee on a stick every so often and as the machine gets to know you it predicts when you are ovulating. the idea is if you were using it as a contraceptive device you wouldnt BD when you were ovulating etc etc
Anyway the 1st month it said i didnt ovulate, which scared me even more, then the 2nd month I got such a shock when it said i had ovulated and then bam... I was pregnant. Still very much early days but we have concieved and im praying that we'll see our baby at the end of october.
So to sum it up, although expensive to begin with, it is worth it. I had spent so much money on one off ovulation predictor kits, themometers and fertilty books anyway and it does all the hard work for you
I hope this helps someone...it helped me

Hi,

wow congratulations! I have a friend who uses the Persona thing as her only method of contraception and it's totally worked for her and her husband. I hadn't thought of using it for the opposite reason! Has anyone else used it like this? Does it give a precise few days or a blanket week say when you might ovulate? I'm not sure that I want to start taking temperatures etc as I don't want to put too much pressure on my husband or to become as obsessive as I know I'm capable of becoming but on the other hand.... :wink: this might be a happy solution!

Thanks for posting with that helpful information :D

Honestly it couldnt be easier... it stores your info month to month... so you start by having to use 16 sticks then the following months it is only 8.
It gives you a red light when it has diagnosed that you are about to ovulate, and a big O symbol when you have and red just after... obviously probably a lil extra coz they dont want you to get pregnant... but for those of us who want to red means get the naughty knickers out and start seducing.
It really meant i wasnt demanding things from hubby...when it was green we just relaxed and did it if we wanted to. Then when the O sign came up I didnt tell him at first just bought some new see thru undies!!

Hi Julie,

I like your style! :wink:

Thanks! I shall get my hands on oneof those machines as they sound like they'd be pretty cool to have either way you look at it!

Hi ladies

I've just been on Ebay and got my a persona machine for £26 inc postage and packaging. You can even buy spare test sticks.

If you don't want to buy the persona machine there's loads of other options. Someone is selling 36 fertility test sticks for £10 aparently that's 7 months supply. If they're the same as the ones I got from the internet they cost me over £20.

You can even buy your pregnancy tests (clear blue) for much cheaper than any chemist.

I'm pleased with my bargain.

I've just bought one too! Secondhand- not sure if that's a bit grim or not! Hey Ho! Will let you know how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back